HP Elitebook 8440p

petopay

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I Have the Elitebook 8440p and successfully got Leopard 10.5.8 installed.

So far wireless Broadcom 4312 works biggrin.gif, IDT Sound works partially Speaker and Headphone without automatic switching with Voodoo HDA.

Intel HD Graphics doesn't now as of now but full Resolution 1600x900 in "com.boot.plist". I heard those with Nvidia NVS 3xx works well, not forgetting Bluetooth.

Touchpad and Scrolling works out of the box.

Intel 82577LM works partially with Intel82566MM.kext, but hardware is recognized with IntelE1000e.kext but DCIP and Internet not working at all.

The SD Reader is also not working at the moment, or perhaps I haven't thought about solving that problem.

>>>I've also noticed people have serious problems installing SNOW on it. I experienced that too, so for now no Snow.

Hope Intel HD Graphics will work soon for Leopard.rolleyes.gif

Anyways my specs>>

Intel CORE i7

500gb, 4gb RAM

Broadcom 4312

Bluetooth

IDT Sound

1600X900 Res

Intel 82577LM LAN

>>>

Anyone who got anything working should share some experience here.wink_anim.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I have 8440p with NVidia GPU working in native resolution, also with external displays working (connected via DisplayPort). I have it also working in docking station, however during plugin/plug-out of docking station the notebook reboots. I have working sound (removed AppleHDA and installed VoodooLoader that starts after login), I have webcam working (with FaceTime works fine), BT also working like a dream. Cardreader working fine. The only things not working properly are PowerManagement and Intel Wifi, but I have purchased TP-Link TP-WN725N and configured it (please look for description on this forum) and I have WiFi working now.

And that all on Mountain Lion 10.8.3 :)