HP DC7600 with iAtkos S3 / Version 2 [10.6.3] and updated to 10.6.4 [Working!]

glinan

22 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone, just wanna share my successful installation of Snow Leopard on my HP DC7600 CMT [Convertible Mini Tower] machine. I've used iAtkos S3 / V2 [10.6.3.] and updated to 10.6.4. after the installation.

Here's my hardware specifications:

• Main: HP DC7600 CMT
  • CPU: Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.0 Ghz
  • RAM: 1.5 gb
  • Graphics: Intel GMA 950 [Dev. ID: 2772]
  • Audio: ALC 260
  • Ethernet: Broadcom BCM5752
  • Wifi: DWL-G510

And, here are the stuff that i've selected during installation:

• Chameleon V2 RC4
  • 32-Bit Boot
  • Qoopz 10.3.0.
  • Sleep Enabler
  • UUID
  • Intel SATA/IDE
  • Voodoo PS/2
  • Atheros [For DWL-G510 card]

Note: Just leave the stuff that are mark/checked already. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.

Go through with the installation. Almost everything works out of the box with this machine with the exception of the ETHERNET, i don't use it that's why i never bother in fixing it. Moving on, you would notice that your graphics are stuck at 1024 x 764, we'll fix that in a minute. Once the iAtkos installation is done, go ahead with the official update. Once it's done, we'll be fixing the graphics problem. We do it by installing a FRAME BUFFER Kext, which can be found here: [Thanks to Denmantt!]

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1441370

After that, your graphics are now fixed.

If you guys have any questions, just let me know.

Hello Everyone, just wanna share my successful installation of Snow Leopard on my HP DC7600 CMT [Convertible Mini Tower] machine. I've used iAtkos S3 / V2 [10.6.3.] and updated to 10.6.4. after the installation.

Here's my hardware specifications:

• Main: HP DC7600 CMT
  • CPU: Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.0 Ghz
  • RAM: 1.5 gb
  • Graphics: Intel GMA 950 [Dev. ID: 2772]
  • Audio: ALC 260
  • Ethernet: Broadcom BCM5752
  • Wifi: DWL-G510

And, here are the stuff that i've selected during installation:

• Chameleon V2 RC4
  • 32-Bit Boot
  • Qoopz 10.3.0.
  • Sleep Enabler
  • UUID
  • Intel SATA/IDE
  • Voodoo PS/2
  • Atheros [For DWL-G510 card]

Note: Just leave the stuff that are mark/checked already. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.

Go through with the installation. Almost everything works out of the box with this machine with the exception of the ETHERNET, i don't use it that's why i never bother in fixing it. Moving on, you would notice that your graphics are stuck at 1024 x 764, we'll fix that in a minute. Once the iAtkos installation is done, go ahead with the official update. Once it's done, we'll be fixing the graphics problem. We do it by installing a FRAME BUFFER Kext, which can be found here: [Thanks to Denmantt!]

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1441370

After that, your graphics are now fixed.

If you guys have any questions, just let me know.

I recently bought a new PCI-E Video Card, it's ASUS EN210. It works 100% with Quartz Extreme [QE] and Hardware Acceleration. It works right out of the box of iAtkos S3 / V2 [10.6.3], no problems so far. Just wanna share this update to everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

If you guys have any questions, just let me know.--

I too have the dc7600 (Huge bang for the buck - $88.88 - http://www.gearxs.com/gearxs/product_info....oducts_id=14454 )

I installed as instructed and everything works like you said, except the Ethernet. You mentioned that you don't use it, but I can't update or do too much without it. Could you point me in the right direction or could you recommend a basic Ethernet pci card / usb antenna (even better)? Thanks in advance. I have a Hawking antenna and a netgear that were both made for pre Intel OS X so no love there.

BTW- (to: everyone) - I purchased Snow Leopard before doing this. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Hi, I have installed snow leopard in a dc 7600

Working all except the gma 950,

UPGRADE:

After patching the dsdt the gma950 working perfect without any problem. (with stock kext)

(sorry for my english, but I'm italian)

@dtommyd I have the solution for the internal Broadcom Ethernet :rolleyes:

THIS IS THE SOLUTION FOR THE INTERNAL ETHERNET!

WORK IN SNOW LEOPARD!

AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext.zip

A lot of people ask me a solution for low volume,

Just install this:

AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.zip

UPDATE: Now all working!

• 2 months later...
Hi, I have installed snow leopard in a dc 7600

Working all except the gma 950,

UPGRADE:

After patching the dsdt the gma950 working perfect without any problem. (with stock kext)

(sorry for my english, but I'm italian)

@dtommyd I have the solution for the internal Broadcom Ethernet :angel:

THIS IS THE SOLUTION FOR THE INTERNAL ETHERNET!

WORK IN SNOW LEOPARD!

AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext.zip

A lot of people ask me a solution for low volume,

Just install this:

AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.zip

UPDATE: Now all working!

I have a kernel panic with kext appleazalia. Now I reinstall snow. What audio kext do I select in iatkos installation?

I have a kernel panic with kext appleazalia. Now I reinstall snow. What audio kext do I select in iatkos installation?

Quando installi non devi mettere nessun driver audio poi installi applazalia e va tutto bene.

You don't select the audio section in iatkos installation, after, install appleazalia.

Quando installi non devi mettere nessun driver audio poi installi applazalia e va tutto bene.

You don't select the audio section in iatkos installation, after, install appleazalia.

Thank You. Now update to 10.6.4 and install AppleAzalia.kext

Grazie. Ora aggiorno al 10.6.4 e installo il kext

edit: Installation is fine but don't work lin in and mic

Thank You. Now update to 10.6.4 and install AppleAzalia.kext

Grazie. Ora aggiorno al 10.6.4 e installo il kext

edit: Installation is fine but don't work lin in and mic

Lo so, quei driver vanno bene solo per la linea in uscita, appena trovo qualcosa di migliore li posto.

• 1 month later...
Lo so, quei driver vanno bene solo per la linea in uscita, appena trovo qualcosa di migliore li posto.

Come da altro trhead il mio problema che non riesco a vedere dove è il problema dopo l'installazione si riavvia , ho seguito passo passo ma niente , potete aiutarmi ?

forse perchè ho troppe schede on board .

La guida si riferisce a DC 7600 desktop , io ho il Microtower che non ha Pentium D ma Pentium 4.

ne parlo qua

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=243989

• 3 weeks later...

I recently bought a new PCI-E Video Card, it's ASUS EN210. It works 100% with Quartz Extreme [QE] and Hardware Acceleration. It works right out of the box of iAtkos S3 / V2 [10.6.3], no problems so far. Just wanna share this update to everyone.

Hi glinan, i have too an HP dc7600 desktop version with iatkos S3v2 and I wish to buy a discrete video card low profile just like asus EN210. So you installed it and after reboot was it working without any kext or other operation? Even a fresh installation of iatkos S3?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english

• 2 months later...

Finally, I took all the 2 tests, so I can post here.

PEOPLE SUFFERING FROM GRAPHICS ARTIFACTS AND OTHER PROBLEMS ON HP DC7600 INTEL GMA 950!

Everyone said, just patch DSDT. Nobody said how to do it. I found a guide that provided information about patching the DSDT for Intel GMA950. Unfortunately that guide couldn't be applied on the HP DC7600 since it didn't have the sections needed in the DSDT. However I found a post which explained that code needs to be pasted elsewhere in the dsdt. I tried it, and I had success. I spent long hours doing this, (instead of preparin for my matura exam :D). So here it is people, feel free to share! (Because no one bothered to answer, no one bothered to share a ... DSDT file...)

Instructions can be found inside.

Greetings,

Tommy NaGZ

edit: by the way I missed 3 days of preparing because of getting this hackintosh work, but I still passed with good results ;) Hungarian, English, History, English civilization are all 5, only Maths are 3 :) Yaaay!

DSDT_Fix_for_HP_DC7600_Intel_GMA950_by_Tommy_Nagz.zip

• 1 month later...

I just got one of these computers from a friend, and was trying to install iAtkos S3V2, and when I'm booting with -v I get an endless stream of SAM Multimedia errors, and it never fully boots. Is there something I'm missing in the BIOS settings that will allow me to get this installed?

edit: according to some posts, this usually results from read errors on the disc, so I guess I'll try burning a new copy, even though I've already tried it from two different discs.

edit2: yep, it was the disc. Burned a new copy and got it to install. Now to work on updating to 10.6.8.

edit3: got it all working with 10.6.8. I may write up a guide for this computer since it is very compatible with Snow Leopard (with a minimum of tweaks), and people can find them really cheap (or free, as in my case).

• 3 weeks later...

OK, here is my guide for updating iATKOS to 10.6.8 on this model computer:

You will need the following files:

10.6.8 Combo update from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399

My update pack from http://www.mediafire.com/?e6mt1dc5eeuk4gw

and your iATKOS installation disc.

1. download both of the files above and put them on your desktop so you can get to them easily

2. extract the update pack, you will find a package for the kernel, Kext Helper B7, and a folder of kexts

3. run the installation for the combo update, but DO NOT REBOOT YET!!!! (I can't stress this enough).

4. run the kernel installer package next, but again, DO NOT REBOOT YET!

5. run Kext Helper B7 and use it to install all of the kexts in the kexts folder

6. insert your iATKOS install disc and NOW YOU MAY REBOOT, but make sure you boot to your iATKOS disc

7. once you get to the OS X installer on the iATKOS disc, choose Disc Utility from the menus and repair permissions on your hard drive

8. when the permission repair is done (it will take several minutes), quit Disc Utility, quit the Installer, and reboot, taking your iATKOS disc out and booting from your hard drive

You should now be running 10.6.8!

Keep in mind, I've only ever done this from a clean install of iATKOS S3/V2, so I can't say if it will work 100% correctly if you have done other updates prior to this.

• 3 weeks later...
Why do you use the 10.6.7 kernel?

What bootloader do you use?

I'm using that kernel because it is the latest patched kernel that I could find, and I didn't have much success with a vanilla 10.6.8 kernel (had panics when booting). In fact, I got it from your thread in your signature, I simply adapted the procedure you posted there, as best as I could with Google Translate. As for bootloader, I'm using Chameleon V2 RC4, as specified in the first post in this thread. My upgrade guide is meant to be a direct followup to the first post.

Excuse a novice question!

If I wanted to follow your guide for a different PC model I would need to change the kexts (in your upgrade pack) to reflect this?

For instance I have the latest iATKOS installed on an old Packard Bell PC but it won't upgrade properly , If I modify your method to match my old PC ... it might work!

Nothings guaranteed of course , I realise that!

Yes, of course you would have to change the kexts. That is why there are specific threads around here for various models of computers and motherboards. You could certainly try doing it with the ones in my pack, but it is possible or even likely that one thing or another wouldn't work (ethernet, video, sound, etc.).

• 7 months later...

Hi now i'm on 10.6.8 installed SL retail dvd + nawcom , and updated with the other legacy kernel.

All work not the GEFORCE 9500 GT that don't work in QE/CI and i can'see the two ethernet onboard, and No audio

My first problem is the Geforce (asus ) 1 gb i need the QE/CI support on the DVI port.

The audio i will buy a USB AUDIO ADAPTER TERRATEC, THE wifi WORK with the ASUS usb Key

Someone can help me for the video card , i have enabled the right resolution ont com.apple.Boot.plist

• 1 month later...

OK, here is my guide for updating iATKOS to 10.6.8 on this model computer:

You will need the following files:

10.6.8 Combo update from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399

My update pack from http://www.mediafire...e6mt1dc5eeuk4gw

and your iATKOS installation disc.

1. download both of the files above and put them on your desktop so you can get to them easily

2. extract the update pack, you will find a package for the kernel, Kext Helper B7, and a folder of kexts

3. run the installation for the combo update, but DO NOT REBOOT YET!!!! (I can't stress this enough).

4. run the kernel installer package next, but again, DO NOT REBOOT YET!

5. run Kext Helper B7 and use it to install all of the kexts in the kexts folder

6. insert your iATKOS install disc and NOW YOU MAY REBOOT, but make sure you boot to your iATKOS disc

7. once you get to the OS X installer on the iATKOS disc, choose Disc Utility from the menus and repair permissions on your hard drive

8. when the permission repair is done (it will take several minutes), quit Disc Utility, quit the Installer, and reboot, taking your iATKOS disc out and booting from your hard drive

You should now be running 10.6.8!

Keep in mind, I've only ever done this from a clean install of iATKOS S3/V2, so I can't say if it will work 100% correctly if you have done other updates prior to this.

I have a DC7600 and have had success running iATKOS S3/V2 i tried to update and naturally it didnt work. I found this topic and your instructions are great but the package on mediafire has been removed. Could you re-upload it or give a list of the kexts and the kernel etc.?

File%20Not%20Found.jpg

Thanks in advance

--lokthelok

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...