Intel G35 GMA 965 x3500 Graphics Card Help Snow Leopard 64 Bit ASUS P5E-VM HDMI

mitesh33

1 post in this topic

Hi,

Im new to the mac forum. I need some help on installing the kext or drivers for my built in graphics card on the ASUS P5E-VM HDMI motherboard. It has 1x HDMI out & 1x VGA out. The chipset is Intel G35 GMA 965 x3500.

I am running the Snow Leopard 10.6.4 in 64 bit mode which I upgraded from system update. I originally installed Snow Leopard from the iATKOS S3 V2 using the ASEREBLN v1.1.9 Bootloader. Everything works, audio, network etc properly except my graphics card. Both the HDMI & VGA will only work at 1024 x 768 resolution. I want full functionallity of this graphics card like I do on windows 7. I don't really want to purchase a seperate graphics card. As I don't play games. I just use it for the internet and watch Blu-Ray and HD movies from my computer to my Plasma TV and I know this built in graphics card is more than capable to do this.

I checked the system preferences and it only displays my card as 64mb where as it should be 384mb shared between the HDMI and VGA. I want to be able to use it at full 1920x1080 as I do on windows 7.

I have little knowledge on how to install KEXTS. I have used kext helper b7 before. I just need someone to maybe provide 64bit Kexts or instructions on how I can get this to work.

Very much appreciated.