[HELP/ADVICE] Looking for a new wifi usb link

Sonic Boom

8 posts in this topic

Hello there, i own a compaq presario cq60 as my signature.

Everything works almost fine, i don't have QE/CI because of my video device, but i can use my laptop for almost everything.

Lately, my problem seems to be my WiFi usb link.

I have this model: TEW-424UB_d1_1.jpg

TrendNet 424UB, wich been worked fine since now. His size (almost 5 cm long) is pretty much unconfortable, everytime i move my laptop i must pay attention, cause it lose the signal easly. Lately, as i was saying, it does kernel panic, for every little shock it takes. Very annoying... So i was wondering if you guys, could advice me some handy USB link, something very very tight or very smaller than that. Obviously something Leopard friendly as well.

Thanks, Peter.

Hello there, i own a compaq presario cq60 as my signature.

Everything works almost fine, i don't have QE/CI because of my video device, but i can use my laptop for almost everything.

Lately, my problem seems to be my WiFi usb link.

I have this model: TEW-424UB_d1_1.jpg

TrendNet 424UB, wich been worked fine since now. His size (almost 5 cm long) is pretty much unconfortable, everytime i move my laptop i must pay attention, cause it lose the signal easly. Lately, as i was saying, it does kernel panic, for every little shock it takes. Very annoying... So i was wondering if you guys, could advice me some handy USB link, something very very tight or very smaller than that. Obviously something Leopard friendly as well.

Thanks, Peter.

And change the internal Atheros wireless with a compatible dell?

Ciao Giorgio :D

I'm afraid that my compaq has the witelist. I've actually never understood how could i know if my laptop has or not the witelist. Anyway, it could be probably the best and confortable way to solve my wireless issue.

Too bad for the withelist.

All the wireless working usb keys that I Know are about 5-6 cm.

So stressful! So giorgio, may i ask you how should i know if my model has definitley the withelist?

I know that with some Laptop is possible to hack the withelist http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=120190 , but i don't know if with your is possible.

Thanks for help. I'm checking the guide, it's not so easy and i can't find any infos about my model.

Last night i spent 5 hours reading posts to solve my Atheros 5007 issue. I've done everything, step by step and the only thing i've got is the airport icon (wich is freeze in grey) and the system recognizes my wifi device, but i can't find any networks even with KisMac...I give up!

Meet in the italian forum, Giorgio. Thanks Again.

Thanks for help. I'm checking the guide, it's not so easy and i can't find any infos about my model.

Last night i spent 5 hours reading posts to solve my Atheros 5007 issue. I've done everything, step by step and the only thing i've got is the airport icon (wich is freeze in grey) and the system recognizes my wifi device, but i can't find any networks even with KisMac...I give up!

Meet in the italian forum, Giorgio. Thanks Again.

Some Atheros 5007E are working, but many Laptops have a software or hardware switch on the internal wireless and Atheros 5007 don't works with Mac osx.

The BIOS Hacking is not easy and dangerous if one is not very very skilled.