pciroot to hex for dsdt 470 sli

drowsyhaze

4 posts in this topic

Hi, this is my first OSx86 install and so far I've been successful with one nvidia 470 but can't get two running with gfx strings so I thought I'd try the DSDT method that seems to have worked for others. But I don't know how to convert my PCI roots to hex! Any help?

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)

P.S. Following this installation method.

You can use gfxutil. Google netkas' forum and find the gfxutil release thread to find out how.

this thread? I'm embarassed to say that I didn't understand the "How to convert it to hexadecimal efi devicepath?" portion at all... I got to the device-id's using DSDTSE's ioreg tool but was lost after that and as far as I could tell all of the ID's were the same whether I had a card in my first or second slot... could you direct me to newbie instructions?

EDIT: I don't know what to use as an input as I only have a .plist used for a gfx string

Yes, that's the thread. I don't think there are any 'newbie instructions' for this, it's a fairly complicated subject to begin with.

EDIT: I don't know what to use as an input as I only have a .plist used for a gfx string

Then start from scratch and use gfxutil for everything.

If you'd like to try using something with a GUI, I think you can use EFI studio or even OSX86Tools, they both have gfxutil built-in. But even though there'll be nice buttons to click on, you still have to understand what you're doing though in order to get it right. So I don't know if using a GUI tool will help.

If you can't get ahead with this then try visiting AquaMac's forums, they're pretty good at this kind of thing over there.