Hackintosh Laptop - No clue what to do?

Da Pratsta

7 posts in this topic

I'm new here, so hey!

I have a HP G61 Laptop (Specs) and it is currently running Windows 7 x64 Pro. I want to dual boot OS X. I have a 30GB HFS partition. What do I do now?

Which install disc do I need? Which bootloader do I need to use? I need to keep the data on my Windows partition safe, so no full reformats.

Thanks for the help!

I'm new here, so hey!

I have a HP G61 Laptop (Specs) and it is currently running Windows 7 x64 Pro. I want to dual boot OS X. I have a 30GB HFS partition. What do I do now?

Which install disc do I need? Which bootloader do I need to use? I need to keep the data on my Windows partition safe, so no full reformats.

Thanks for the help!

Sorry but now support for the on-board graphics yet.

Sorry but now support for the on-board graphics yet.

Would this cause Mac OS X to display an error message on boot? I installed Mac and booted into it straight after install, but since repairing Windows 7 bootloader and installing EasyBCD, Mac won't boot any more. Anyone help?

Would this cause Mac OS X to display an error message on boot?...
It depends on the message. What is the message?

Incompatible VGA card means, that you will not get hardware accelerated video, so no games, flash video and so forth... Even no native screen resolution.

...I installed Mac and booted into it straight after install, but since repairing Windows 7 bootloader and installing EasyBCD, Mac won't boot any more. Anyone help?
Most probably you need to fix the OS X boot loader (Chameleon).

Thanks for the reply.

The message was, and is (when trying to boot using EasyBCD): [goes to apple logo and spinny thing, normal boot], then in various languages, just says restart the system with a picture of a power button. It doesn't sound like a bootloader problem, as EasyBCD loads Darwin (or Chameleon, I can't remember which) and then starts to boot, then fails. When I use the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd to boot, it loads fine.

As for the graphics, which I now think is an unrelated problem, is there a kext or anything for support? Even any way to change resolution from 1024x768 to 1366x768? I tried modifying the com.apple.plist to no avail.

The message was, and is (when trying to boot using EasyBCD): [goes to apple logo and spinny thing, normal boot], then in various languages, just says restart the system with a picture of a power button.

As for the graphics, which I now think is an unrelated problem, is there a kext or anything for support? Even any way to change resolution from 1024x768 to 1366x768? I tried modifying the com.apple.plist to no avail.

Delete the Bootloader OSX option. Reinstall... select the option that says MBR, not the EFI one.

As for the graphics go to your com.boot.apple.plist under <your partition name>/System/Library/Extra

edit that by adding

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

See what that gets ya.

Delete the Bootloader OSX option. Reinstall... select the option that says MBR, not the EFI one.

As for the graphics go to your com.boot.apple.plist under <your partition name>/System/Library/Extra

edit that by adding

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

See what that gets ya.

Tried the MBR option, and I just get a "chain booting error". Found out that the error on boot using EFI mode was a kernel panic, even though it boots fine from [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].