Darwin crash with SL USB key

Daruzon

2 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Well xcuse me for my english, I'm french x)

Mh I've installed Leopard 10.5.4 (and updated it to 10.5.6) a couple months ago, on a MSI Wind (Intel) Netbook.

The matter is that it's very small x_x So i decided to install Leo or SL on my Acer Aspire 7520G Laptop.

=>AMD Turion 64 TL-60 x2 CPU

=> 2x160GB (SATA discs)

=> 2GB RAM

=>nVidia GeForce 8600M GS

=> Phoenix BIOS

I've tried average 8 different distros n most of them, said AMD-friendly, didn't launch at all. Some of them began bootin n 2 stopped while charging some system files before launching the graphical setup.

I have a retail SL DVD so I decided to try to install the retail one on my USB Key using my MSI Leo Hackintosh, on a MBR partition (I copied the content of the retail disc n replaced OSInstall.mpkg with one downloaded on the web n accepting MBR partitions). Then I installed Chameleon 2 RC3, made the rdisk2(the USB key)s1 active (I made only 1 partition on my entire key).

I installed some kexts recommended for installin retail on a AMD system.

When it will work, i'm gonna "Restore" my key to a partition I'll create on my laptop (my 2nd disc is 1/2 Windows Seven, 1/2 Ubuntu 10.04, with Grub on the 2nd HDD n the W7 boot partition takes 100MB of 160GB on the 1st HDD, so I'm gonna create a 100-150GB HFS+ partition on the 1st HDD)

I plugged it to my Aspire n rebooted.

I obtain "boot0: done" then my computer suddenly reboots.

I evict temporarily that problem with "Alt" ("Option" ?), that brings me to Chameleon. There, i select the SL partition after having typed "-v Wait=yes" n I see 17 pages of verbose concerning kexts that are loading.

In the end, that talks about the SMBIOS ("no replacement", then I finally fixed it i think, cause that talks about DSDT now) then the DSDT ("Patched ACPI version 2").

Concerning the DSDT, i extracted it thanks to Ubuntu (cp /proc/acpi/dsdt DSDT), copied it to Mac OS, decompiled it to .dsl 10x to iasp or smthg like that, fixed a RTC thing after having read a topic talkin about the DSDT patcher by fassl, fixed it (20 warnings) and compiled it to .aml, and then copied the .aml to my USB key, in the "/" directory.

And there, it tells me that it's loadin Darwin, I must press any key (the times i have typed "Wait=yes") and... Darwin crashes X_X"

So I suppose this is linked to DSDT but I don't really know where it comes from. There's no message, no KP, no grey screen with the Apple in the middle...

Anyone has an idea ? What did I miss ?