ALC888 On GA-EP43-UD3L

Paulalmighty

4 posts in this topic

HI All,

Total newb here but I was able to get my machine up and running with iAtkos s3 v2. Was able to use Mac update to go to 10.6.4. Everything seems to work great except resolution only gives 1024x768 option and cant seem to get sound working. I'm not to concerned with reso at the moment but would appreciate any help with sound. I've tried every kext on kexts.com and even installed the azaleia codec pack from this forum. but nothing has worked. for a while the sound effects and output and input were selectable in system preferences but without sound output but now are not after rooting around in there. I'm not sure which change changed that but now they wont come up at all. FYI I have a geforce 9550 vid if that makes any difference. Any suggestions out there? thanks for any help.

HI All,

Total newb here but I was able to get my machine up and running with iAtkos s3 v2. Was able to use Mac update to go to 10.6.4. Everything seems to work great except resolution only gives 1024x768 option and cant seem to get sound working. I'm not to concerned with reso at the moment but would appreciate any help with sound. I've tried every kext on kexts.com and even installed the azaleia codec pack from this forum. but nothing has worked. for a while the sound effects and output and input were selectable in system preferences but without sound output but now are not after rooting around in there. I'm not sure which change changed that but now they wont come up at all. FYI I have a geforce 9550 vid if that makes any difference. Any suggestions out there? thanks for any help.

Hi,

I have the Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3LR board and was sucessfull updating to SL 10.6.4 and have sound working after using a kext driver. I used the following software, maybe it will help you:

- I used the bootloader "Kakewalk 2.2" cd download method (goto www.peru.se)

-I downloaded this kext utility and kext driver:

http://leopardkext.blogspot.com/search/lab...0audio%2010.6.4

http://leopardkext.blogspot.com/2010/07/ke...ow-leopard.html

this should hopefully work. Our hardware is somewhat similar. The audio is the same chipset.