Kernel Panic

mamen

29 posts in this topic

HI

Sometimes when I try to boot the OSX, I get this kernel panic but it's only sometimes and I dont know What it means ..

My Laptop it's a Samsung R580 with I5 430M processor..

07102010112.gif

Can please someone explain to me Why does this a Happens? :D

HI

Sometimes when I try to boot the OSX, I get this kernel panic but it's only sometimes and I dont know What it means ..

My Laptop it's a Samsung R580 with I5 430M processor..

07102010112.gif

Can please someone explain to me Why does this a Happens? :)

lol once again ... did you correct your dsdt? are you using the powermanagement, any vanilla kexts deleted?

I am using qoopz 10.3.0 Modified Kernel.. Should I replace this one or keep it?

if I need to replace what should I use??

Thank You.

lol once again ... did you correct your dsdt? are you using the powermanagement, any vanilla kexts deleted?

Sorry, I did saw this coment ;)

Yes, I am using qoopz 10.3.0 Modified Kernel but do I need to delete it? And How? I am also using P-state powermanagement.

No, I didn't correct my dsdt.

How can i delete qoopz 10.3.0 Modified Kernel that I have??

I already have my hackintosh updated to 10.6.4 so this new Darwin kernel should be installed and it's making conflict with the old one.

The output with uname-a is:

"Darwin new-host-2.home 10.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.3.0: Sun Apr 4 19:13:55 EDT 2010; annappirtrvh v3 :xnu-1504.3.12/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386"

I cant find the other file.. It isn't in the extra folder . But I search I little and I find the same file in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist directory.. This is the content :

" <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Default Partition</key>

<string>hd(0,2)</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>custom</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=X86_64 busratio=17</string>

<key>Quiet Boot</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Theme</key>

<string>Default</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

<key>arch</key>

<string>i386</string>

</dict>

</plist>"

It's exactly as I said. You're still using the older, patched kernel and it's renamed to "custom", look:

Kernel

custom

Rename the new patched kernel to "custom", copy it to / reboot, and you're done.

Also, this is schizophrenic:

Kernel Flags

arch=X86_64 (...)

(...)

arch

i386

You can't boot in both 32- and 64-bit mode at the same time, pick one or the other!

That said, I think the "arch" key is ignored, I don't think the Chameleon bootloader supports an "arch" key.

I've seen this before, I guess it comes from some automated installer or guide that people use.

If you want to boot in 32-bit mode you need to replace arch=x86_64 with arch=i386 in the kernel flags string.

Rename the new patched kernel to "custom", copy it to / reboot, and you're done.

Thank you for anwsering but I didnt undestand what do I need to rename.. I need to replace "custom" with what?

Já vi que és do Brasil, se puderes escreve em Portugues que é mais facil assim :P .

Thank you for anwsering but I didnt undestand what do I need to rename.. I need to replace "custom" with what?

Já vi que és do Brasil, se puderes escreve em Portugues que é mais facil assim :D .

he means, get a newer patched kernel, rename the new kernel as "custom" and drop it in / folder (overwriting the old "custom" kernel).

Yes, try that kernel. It's the same Kernel Mald0n mentioned on the previous page.

Seria facil só pra você, eu não sou Brasileiro.

Oh ok sorry.. I saw your "from" and it says Brazil so I thought that you were brazialian xD

What did you mean by that? Which "new patched kernel"?