10.6.4 on EP45-UD3R Q6600 and 9800GT

tyebud

2 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I can't tell you how much great information I've gleaned from reading this forum. You guys are great. Anyways, I have a working 10.6.4 install with the above mentioned hardware. It works very well for the most part. The graphics are smooth and I've never had any kind of kernel panic or anything like that. I have noticed a few things that are a concern and was hoping you guys could shed some light on the issue.

The first is, what I believe to be disk read speed. There is a noticeable delay when opening finder, or loading the save or open dialogue in any program. It is like it is just taking its time.

The next issue is 3d graphics performance. Normal OS performance is great. No noticeable lag or glitching. However, when it comes to more intensive applications - *cough* minecraft *cough* and hd video playback - it performs nowhere near as well as Windows 7.

The final issue, and I think based off my readings could be linked to the second issue, is my cpu temp. I recently installed iStat and the cpu temp readings are off the charts.

I've read that sometimes if a system isn't using the correct driver for a graphics card, that it will rely more heavily on the cpu to render. Anyways, let me know what you guys think. I would really like to get this thing totally dialed in because this is definitely my most stable hackintosh build yet.

Thanks!