Anyone with Intel GMA 950 with Dev. ID: 0x2772 & Rev. ID: 0x0002 on Snow Leopard [SL]?

glinan

14 posts in this topic

hi, is there anyone with Intel GMA 950 with Dev. ID: 0x2772 & Rev. ID: 0x0002 on Snow Leopard working? I don't have Quartz Extreme [QE] and Hardware Acceleration. I can select many display resolutions but my Preview.App, Chess.App, FrontRow.app and SnapShot doesn't work. I'm running iAtkos S3 / V2 [10.6.3], updated to 10.6.4. Any ideas?

yes works , but you need install netbookinstaller 0.83 at the first boot -x

What does that mean? Can you be more specific? I'm still a newbie when it comes to this, hope you can help me or direct me to a solution to this problem. Thanks.

do you have the same thing as mine? I can't find the framebuffer kext form that link. where is it?

Think you need glasses, it is right in the middle of the posted link.

Its called  AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.zip

Yes I have same integrated video, same ID same revision.

If you have 10.6.0-10.6.2 you will need to search back through the thread for other GMA950 kexts

Think you need glasses, it right in the middle of the posted link.

Its called  AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.zip

Yes I have same integrated video, same ID same revision.

If you have 10.6.0-10.6.2 you will need to search back through the thread for other GMA950 kexts

Found it. I've installed it but nothing changed. Aside from installing that kext, what GMA 950 did you used?

Found it. I've installed it but nothing changed. Aside from installing that kext, what GMA 950 did you used?

The frame buffer kext is all you need for OS X 10.6.3-4 All the other kexts are the vanilla kexts that are installed with the OS

What version of OS X are you using

The frame buffer kext is all you need for OS X 10.6.3-4 All the other kexts are the vanilla kexts that are installed with the OS

What version of OS X are you using

OH MY GOD! It Worked! Whoahoah! Don't know how to thank you Dellmant, but THANK YOU. I did a fresh install of IATKOS S3 / V2 [10.6.3.], didn't install any GMA 950 drivers. After installation, just install your frame buffer kext, reboot. And everything works 100%. THANK YOU AGAIN. You're the man.

OH MY GOD! It Worked! Whoahoah! Don't know how to thank you Dellmant, but THANK YOU. I did a fresh install of IATKOS S3 / V2 [10.6.3.], didn't install any GMA 950 drivers. After installation, just install your frame buffer kext, reboot. And everything works 100%. THANK YOU AGAIN. You're the man.

Your welcome

With this method you may find some mouse artefacts if you use M$ Office 2004 or 2008.

Office 2011 fixes it.

Your welcome

With this method you may find some mouse artefacts if you use M$ Office 2004 or 2008.

Office 2011 fixes it.

Yeah, everythings working fine. I haven't tried the MS Office yet, how bad is the mouse artifacts? I've updated to 10.6.4, and i had to reinstall the frame buffer kext again. Would that be always the case for updating?

Yeah, everythings working fine. I haven't tried the MS Office yet, how bad is the mouse artifacts? I've updated to 10.6.4, and i had to reinstall the frame buffer kext again. Would that be always the case for updating?

Artefacts are not that bad in office IMO, but MS office 2011 have not had any.

With the frame buffer fix, yes after every update so far including last graphic update. Will have to wait and see after 10.6.5

You can do a DSDT fix, that works with native kexts just search for "GMA950 dsdt"

Artefacts are not that bad in office IMO, but MS office 2011 have not had any.

With the frame buffer fix, yes after every update so far including last graphic update. Will have to wait and see after 10.6.5

You can do a DSDT fix, that works with native kexts just search for "GMA950 dsdt"

Oh ok. The thing is I tried the DSDT Patcher GUI but ending up getting a FAILED message. I don't know why. I'm not really knowledgeable with this. Patching it would be a great compliment. What method can you suggest? Are there any links that has the DSDT.aml compatible for my motherboard? I hope they include the frame buffer kext on the upcoming update. Although everythings running fine.

Oh ok. The thing is I tried the DSDT Patcher GUI but ending up getting a FAILED message. I don't know why. I'm not really knowledgeable with this. Patching it would be a great compliment. What method can you suggest? Are there any links that has the DSDT.aml compatible for my motherboard? I hope they include the frame buffer kext on the upcoming update. Although everythings running fine.

For your motherboard? You have not said what it is and you don't list in a signature!

Try this patcher, is even a video linked

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223205

Hint: If you are not finding what you need via the search function here, try using Google with specific Insanely Mac search

example -- http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&...q=&gs_rfai=