Dell Optiplex GX520

Dellmantt

282 posts in this topic

Having the same problem here... i've read and re-read and re-read some more. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Would really like to make something out of this $15 computer.

IMG_0305.jpg

I'm getting the same error. I've tried a number of things suggested on this thread to no avail. I'm at my wit's end and will likely try iATkos next even though I prefer to keep things clean a working system is better than no system!

I also installed Hazard's 10.6.6i VERY easily too, from both DVD and USB stick, although I can't remember if I booted first before install from the ModCD. I'll get back to you on that.

I just tried Hazard 10.6.6.i and got a kernel panic on boot. 

I also updated my firmware and neither method works yet

So, I got ethernet to work by doing a kextload of the extension in Extra (the other voodoo mentioned in the thread didn't work). I modified MACADD to load it on boot and everything appears to work now (except curiously the volume in the right speaker is louder. Whatever).

• 11 months later...

Greetings all,

I figured it out. I have no idea how I missed this in the last month. Instead of using arch=x86_64, I added -v arch=i386 -force64 to the /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist file and everything works.

Thanks again to everyone for this thread and all the work that went into it.

--Arch

So, I just tried this on 10.6.8 (finally got that to work). I did this so I could run VLC (they dont' bother releasing 32bit versions for 2.1.5).

VLC now runs, but anything using QuickTime crashes, including html5 video or opening mp4 videos in QuickTime Player. I've attached a crash log.

I thought this might be due to an old gma950 driver (all drivers are still running in 32bit mode, but -force64 is the ONLY thing I added). I then tried installing this in my Extras to no avail:

http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/620-gma950-for-10-6-8-zip/

Does anybody have any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...