Lifehacker EP45-UD3P OSx86

clarencek

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys

I recently got to know about osx86 and tried installing it but encountered some problems.

I followed the lifehacker guide

http://lifehacker.com/5360150/install-snow...acking-required

Everything went smoothly till I need to restart after installing.

After restarting, I was unable to find the HDD partition that I installed the osx86 on the bootloader. Only the USB Boot drive was there and I'm stuck with the installer even though osx86 has already been installed. 

My Specs are as follows:

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

Palit GTS 250

2 x 2GB OCZ ram

1TB Hitachi Deskstar HDD

Corsair 550W PSU

Any help would be appreciated!

Make sure to set the SATA controller to AHCI mode in the BIOS.

Your motherboard is easily among the most compatible, installing OS X should be a breeze.

If you type the model name in the search box up top you'll find several threads dedicated to the Gigabyte EP45 series boards.

yea i did set it to AHCI already. (followed lifehacker's guide closely step by step)

everything was alright till the mandatory reboot after the install.

my hdd, which i installed osx on, just doesn't show on the bootloader after it restarts, although i'm able to select my hdd as a startup disk from the installer.

if I select it, then it will reboot but gets stuck at "verifying  dmi pool data", which i know happens cos stellarolla isn't patched in my hdd.

i'm at my wits end. i tried everything from journaled, case sensitive journaled, no spaces in my hdd name, no numbers in my hdd name.

im so close to the finish line it's frustrating! 

been searching the forums for days and tried possible solutions but it's still the same. darn :)

i'll continue searching and see if anything pops up.

in the meantime, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thx!