14 posts in this topic

I have a computer with the specs:

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3

AMD II Phenom X6 1055T (2.8Ghz)

G.Skill 2X2 Gb RAM @ 1600

MSI HD 5770 Hawk

Intel VX-25 SSD

640GB WD HDD

So I did my research, and all the hardware is compatible. My question is, how do I put it all together. Am I supposed to install 10.5.x first, and then just upgrade to snow leopard? Or do I just plop in a copy of iAtkos s3 v2, and pray that it works?

I'm also confused to how I use the drivers for the 5770. It's compatible, but based on my logic, I'm guessing you install the drivers AFTER installation. But how can that be possible? No drivers = No support = no video. Or am is there something that you're supposed to do that allows a generic video output until the drivers are installed for full support?

Keep in mind that I have never done this before, and so bear with me.

<br />I have a computer with the specs:<br /><br />ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3<br />AMD II Phenom X6 1055T (2.8Ghz)<br />G.Skill 2X2 Gb RAM @ 1600<br />MSI HD 5770 Hawk<br />Intel VX-25 SSD<br />640GB WD HDD<br /><br />So I did my research, and all the hardware is compatible. My question is, how do I put it all together. Am I supposed to install 10.5.x first, and then just upgrade to snow leopard? Or do I just plop in a copy of iAtkos s3 v2, and pray that it works?<br /><br />I'm also confused to how I use the drivers for the 5770. It's compatible, but based on my logic, I'm guessing you install the drivers AFTER installation. But how can that be possible? No drivers = No support = no video. Or am is there something that you're supposed to do that allows a generic video output until the drivers are installed for full support?<br /><br />Keep in mind that I have never done this before, and so bear with me.<br />

You can install the "driver" for 5770 after installation: without "drivers" you can see the desktop at fixed resolution, without hardware acceleration, but see.

<br />alright I understand that, but how do I actually install snow leopard? The retail dvd is like 8gb, but iAtkos is only 3.4gb...<br />

With your hardware retail installation is not a good way; try Iatkos S3 or Snow Hazard

I was just stating how strange it is that the retail is 8gb, while a distro is less than half... any reason for this displacement?

And I realize I need a distro, but I'm unsure what to do after... do I just put it in and install it like any other os?

With Iatkos or Hazard you boot the system with the DVD only.

You must install on a primary partition (inzialized with Mac OSX journaled filesystem with disk utility by installation DVD)

The retail version includes about 4GB of different languages and printer drivers and other garbage that most people don't need.

That makes sense, I slipstream my windows OS discs, so I should have known the makers of the distros would do something similar

And as for installation, does the disk utility come with iAtkos, or do i actually need a retail dvd

That makes sense, I slipstream my windows OS discs, so I should have known the makers of the distros would do something similar

And as for installation, does the disk utility come with iAtkos, or do i actually need a retail dvd

Use the disk utility of iAtkos (is the same of retail DVD).

So the installation process should look something like:

1. Set BIOS to boot from DVD

2. Format Primary Drive using Disk Utility

3. Install

4) Select the right kexts and fixes for you..

• 2 months later...