Trouble installing please help

iztel

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys I'm new to OSX86 and having trouble installing the OS. I'm pretty familiar with installing Linux distros and Windows but this seems a bit more difficult so I'm coming to you hoping someone can help me. I'm using the iAtkos distro of snow leopard and it boots into the installing menu fine but when I go into disk utility to pick a partition it's completely empty. I did some searching around and read that I would have to turn my SATA mode to AHCI but I cannot find an option to do that in my bios.

Here is what my bios menu looks like:

bios1.jpg

bios2.jpg

My computer model is a Gateway MX7118 notebook with these specs:

Processor Mobile AMD Athlon™ 64-bit 3400+ Processor

(1 MB L2 Cache | 2.2 GHz | Chipset ATI RS480M Memory 512 MB 333 MHz DDR (2 × 512 MB) SODIMM (PC2700)

Video ATI Radeon® Xpress 200M Graphics

Up to 64 MB shared video memory

256 MB system RAM = 32 MB shared video memory

512 MB system RAM = 64 MB shared video memory Audio AC '97 2.3 Compliant Audio Hard Drive 80 GB HDD (4200 RPM) Optical Drive DVD +/- RW Multi-Format Double Layer

Write maximum: 8X DVD +/-R, 4X DVD +/- RW, 2.4X DVD+R DL, 24X CD-R and 10X CD-RW disks

Reads maximum: 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DL/+RW, 24X CD-ROM disks Modem 56K ITU V.92 ready Fax/Modem Network 10/100 Mbps Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port)

802.11g integrated wireless (up to 54 Mbps)

SecureEasySetup™

125 High Speed Mode

BroadRange Technologies™

I did some searching around and read that I would have to turn my SATA mode to AHCI but I cannot find an option to do that in my bios
Not all BIOS's are the same. Some do not have AHCI feature management. Mine MB doesn't have, but it works with a proper disk controller driver installed.

So you should also dig that way (use a proper disk controller driver). First of all you need to know if there is such a driver.