Jump to content

ioregexplorer can't find my audio chip....


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1
kt6uk

kt6uk

    InsanelyMac Protégé

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Apologies for the duplicate post - just found this forum and it seems more appropriate to my audio problem - so here goes..

I built a very nice fully working hackintosh a while back and it's great - had to patch the dsdt, but got there in the end. See sig below. Learnt a lot about Mac's and hacking :-)

Now trying to build a new better Hackintosh on a asus P5Q MB with Q6600 CPU and 8800GT video.

I'm nearly there, everything works but the sound.

I've tried various kexts - but no joy, so figure I need to patch the DSDT. Sadly it seems ioregexplorer can't find my audio chip.

A few more details - I have the 2002 Juzzi bios dated 03/04/2009. I'm triple booting XP, Ubuntu and SL 10.6.4

The audio works fine in XP and Ubuntu - in XP and Ubuntu the chip gets reported as an ALC888 (not ALC1200 as per the MB spec). So I guess the patched BIOS is ok.

I've extracted the DSDT while in Ubuntu and de-compiled it - no obvious sign of HDEF.

On my original working Hackintosh the HDEF shows under AppleACPIPCI as HDEF@1B - no sign of anything like that on the new machine.

I'm running Chameleon RC3 fully installed but suspect it might be ignoring my patched DSDT - but shouldn't IOregexplorer find the HDEF chip with or without a patched DSDT ?

In Extra/ extensions I have the following:

UUID.kext
OpenHaltRestart.kext
NullCPUPowermanegement.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorage Injector.kext
fakesmc.kext
ATAPortinjector.kext
AHCIPortinjector.kext

What am I missing here to get the audio chip recognized and operating ?

Do I need to do anything to make sure Chameleon takes notice of my patched DSDT ?

BTW - posting this from my nearly perfect new Hackintosh :-)

Thanks again guys (I hope)

#2
kt6uk

kt6uk

    InsanelyMac Protégé

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
A little bit of progress.

So i generated a DSDT.aml under Ubuntu and implanted it into /extras and then / - same result, no audio detected.

So I deleted it then ran dsdt patcher in OSX which generated a patched DSDT.aml which is significantly different to the one from Ubuntu.

I put this patched DSDT.aml into / and inserted an AppleHDA.kext which seemed like the right one.

Hey presto ioregexplorer finds the HW and the sound works - sort off.

It's a bit quiet and distorted but at least there is sound.

Tried quite a few different Apple HDA.kext's - all have the same problem, distorted audio.

I think I'm going to try and fine tune the DSDT.aml for my particular set up. Stay tuned.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy