9800gtx 512Mb install with imac

forewer2000

1 post in this topic

I just finally installed the 9800gtx driver with the ipc 10.5.6 with v.5 fixes, i post it here how, because i worked on this a couple of days and maybe will be useful this to someone.

My system is:

mobo: intel dp45dg

bios setting for hdd: IDE

memory: 2x2Gb corsair

sound: creative sb live 5.1

monitor with HDMI connector

The options selected at install:

- latest mac book pro drivers for video (probably this is not good because the gfx it's not working after the installation)

- chameleon boot

- kx driver (for sound)

- new ich-x driver from apple

- network driver for intel

- the 1333Mhz smbios fix for the memory

- pci and pcmci fixes

- usb mount fix

- usb detect fix

Firstly I tried a couple of things, and nothing has been worked. (efi strings, nv inject, etc. etc.)

I got black screens with white mouse pointers..etc. without hardware acceleration/qe .

So ..after installing the base, ultimately i just downloaded the nvinstaller v.52 (google it). after install and reboot, whoala ..everything was just fine. QE/Core accelerated.

Just make sure to run the nvinstaller after a clean os install, because i'm sure that I tried this before, and didn't worked, probably i messed up the drivers.