O2 Micro Firewire in a FSC Amilo 1848 with 10.6.x

jaquesf

1 post in this topic

Hi @ all!

I got some issues installing 10.6 on a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo 1848 laptop with the integrated O2 Micro firewire interface. I got kernel panic loading the IOFirewireFamily.kext (dependencies: AppleFWOHCI.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext).

After deleting the IOFirewireFamily.kext everything is fine and I´m able to install 10.6 (I´m installing from a HDD partition to be able to modify my KEXTS...the problem is, that the Amilo is NOT able to boot ANY usb device at all...SUCKZ!). My problem is, that i NEED the firewire interface for audio recording!!!

I got the laptop working with a iDeneb 10.5.8 distro with WORKING firewire out of the box (no problems while booting from CD)!!! I also tried to replace the 10.6 IOFirewireFamily.kext with the one from 10.5.8 but it don´t work cause of some wrong dependencies. Is this a known issue with that kind of firewire interface in 10.6? Is a update to 10.6.4 helpful? Any other ideas to fix this? Modified kexts or tricks?!

Thanks for any kind of help!

Greets from France

Jaques