Hardware Questions?

Anthonyx82x

2 posts in this topic

I am new to this and I was wondering what I should buy to make a pretty decent Hackintosh. A good list of what hardware that is currently being sold would be much appreciated. I have $400 to spend on this currently, and I will add on more in the next few months, I just want to get it up and running with hardware that doesn't take to much time to mess around with, I know it's not going to be easy, but I'd much rather have a set up that works smooth more then other set ups.

My main questions are, what's the best motherboard and Graphics card I can get for this to work. I've looked over the Database and couldn't find anything helpful. I've looked at the Wiki site with the boards and graphics cards, however most of it I can't find at the stores I shop (MicroCenter and so on) I would rather GO buy the stuff and not have to order. I've found some Intel boards and Gigabyte boards that I would think might work, I just don't know for sure because I can't find any information on here about them because something new comes out all the time and I'm sure it's hard to keep up to date on here.

I was thinking of buying this board - Gigabyte Board = GA-EP45T-USB3P LGA 775 P45 ATX Motherboard

Or this Intel Board = DP55WG LGA 1156 P55 ATX Motherboard

I've searched on these forums for a little while now and most of the stuff I see is all help for setting it up but I hardly see anything for new boards and Graphics cards currently on the market.

So a good point in the right direction would be much appreciated. I have the cash to go spend, just need to know what to buy.

Very Helpful! Thanks to tonymac

I would run a fairly good solid state drive or two. One for Windows 7 and the other for OSX SL.

My card for gaming would be an AMD Radeon HD5870. My card for content creation and so on would be a Nvidia GTX285. If you want a GTX480-470 (may be fully working in the future... unclear) or CUBA support there is a hack on Insanelymac to get it going on Nvidia cards.