• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Amacx86

Amacx86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

May be I'm missing something...I love the whole hackintosh experience minus the inevitable hair pulling. But once you start to get into the $800-$900 dollar range shouldn't you start asking yourself if a genuine mac product isn't the better choice and just suck it up for the extra $200 buck and save yourself some grief. I'm all for the $399-$599 hackintosh laptops and can live with some of the minor short comings that may come with that but once I fork out $800 i want everything to work ie. sleep, graphics QE, audio, mic, SD, Video Cam, and trackpad Gestures those are great once you get the hang of them. What would be the argument for this high of a priced hackintosh?

I'm right there with you. My current Hackintosh laptop is an IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad T60 that I bought for $329. Upgraded the RAM to 4 gigs (only 3 recognized) and the hard drive from 60 gig to 160 gigs with what I had sitting around. The key though is it has to be cheap. If it's above around $600, the aggravation involved vs just buying a Macbook isn't worth it.

The problem is that with Intel HD and 4500 graphics there really is a shortage of inexpensive laptops that will run OS X well...

PsicheAlCubo

PsicheAlCubo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Ok guys :) I just got why my thread of last night has been deleted..I basically was asking the same thing: in the next weeks I´m gonna buy my new laptop..and wanted to have some suggestions to find a few models free of issues..

I totally understand both Hagar´s and Alessandro´s point..from a side...on the other hand I can understand a niubbie (like me..) that suddenly discover this "world" just by chance..and get so excited bout it that can´t phisically wait to read till his eyes are bleeding to know how to move his first steps..

Personally I´m quite good solving every possible computer problems ever encoutered on my or on any friend´s pc...I´m the "Pc Boy" of the situation.....sometimes I even get paid to teach computer science....so in few words: I usually know what to do and how to do it where most people don´t........

All this under windows environment...but when it comes to speak bout Linux or MacOs I don´t know ABSOLUTELY nothing: a few things I learned installing SL on my desktop..but that was just a month ago..and it´s not at all enough to learn anything...

Most people here who are not students work 8 hours a day and when they come home there´s a family waiting there..this means that the ammount of time and energies that they can put on this project, unless they make a living out of being computer engineers, is not that much you can think of..that what leads most of them to write "stupid questions" over and over...but this is even quite normal when you know SO much of something and somebody new try to follow the same steps....

What do I say all this for? I think that even if not everybody can contribute the same way to this project..the more we are..the best will be: no matter how many people will come and ask just to leave the next day..eventually somebody will stay as an active part of the comunity and will help to develop the project..

These are my 2cents :) that said..a list with the most common laptop models and their known issues including those who work flowlessly would be of great help..both for you developpers..and for us newbbies

Peace

P.S. I found this spreadsheet..everybody can contribute :D : https://spreadsheets...amp;hl=en#gid=0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy