New here, OS X on dv6t

evanmcm

1 post in this topic

Hey guys, just joined here, and I've been a mac user for a while now, but due to limited funds, my laptop is an HP dv6t. I love it, it's great, Win7 is much better then any previous variant, but even at its best, its miles behind OS X, imo. I actually just got this machine, its a brand new model. i3, 4gb, 500gb, Intel graphics (which aren't too bad actually, all things considered). I know spec wise it's pretty similar inside to a low end MBP, or even a MB. Is there a build, and also maybe a tutorial that I could follow to get this to work? I did notice a thread about getting OS X on the dv6, but it seemed more focused on the older models (they just updated them to the iX chips and associated parts), and I was wondering if there was an updated build for this to work on my machine. I'd love to have OS X on this machine. Thanks so much.