• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

compaqtosh

compaqtosh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

This thread is all about one specific model HP notebook, with an Intel Core i3 processors. Not just any other G72. And I won't add steps how to install OS X due to the obvious legal restrictions.

p.s. Please remove the long quote in your post (no need for that). Thank you.

I think that there are many people waiting for someone to get it going, but to be honest... I haven't a clue as to what to do next. This might change one day soon, but don't count on it.

Long quote removed :P :)

I finally figured out how to install Mac OS X 10.6.3. I had to use "-cpus=1 busratio=15" to boot from Empire EFI / Nawsom boot CD :) and then insert my retail Mac OS X 10.6.3 DVD (only $27 from Amazon.com). Tried to update to 10.6.5 and can't boot up anymore due to the IOUSBFamily.kext and IOMassStorage.kext??? Now stuck with 10.6.4 for now. Still haven't figured out how to boot without "-cpus=1 busratio=15" every time yet... I read a way to boot without the "-cpus=..." somewhere but can't remember where.

The other problems I have are stuck with only 1024x768??? screen resolution, no wifi, and no iTunes and other applications not working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy