Mac Netbook

Hamadell

1 post in this topic

Hi everyone,

(I wasn't really sure where to post this but since I am a new user this seems like a good place to start.)

I am thinking about buying a netbook and hacking it into a mac netbook, I spend some time on the interweb researching which netbook to buy and as far as I can make out the Dell Mini 10v seems like the way to go. Unfortunately Dell discontinued the Mini 10v some time ago and used models on amazon and ebay seem a little too expensive. So I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for an alternative. In general all the netbooks out there are more or less equal in terms of hardware (like RAM, HDD, webcam, connectivity, etc.) so I'm looking at details that make one stand out (think battery life, keyboard layout, and price tag). I'm planning on loading it up with Snow Leopard, so I guess the most important thing is that the install is as straightforward as possible, and functions like wireless, bluetooth and sound are working (with a minimal amount of tinkering, tweaking, and installing stuff)

If anyone has suggestions or tips, or has purchased a netbook of his own recently, your advice is much appreciated.

(And again I'm sorry if this wast an appropriate place to post or if you know some other place where I might find help please let me know.)

Thanks,

Joes