SL on Asus M50SA

tomlatiner

2 posts in this topic

I am trying for a long time to get OSX running on my Asus M50SA notebook, but I was not able to succeed a working installation. I tried also the latest patched DVDs (the latest was iATKOS S3 ...), the installation process will run properly but after the reboot the system wil hang with a KP. I am a PC/WIN guy, I am not so familiar with OSX or Linux/Unix. I searched through the web and different forums but with no result. Can someone please give me some hints/guides/walkthroughs what ever to get OSX running on my M50SA. It will be nice if it could be SL (I have also a retail disk). What I would like to have is a system running OSX/WIN7 maybe also XP Prof. (needed for the work) all native on seperate partitions.

Notebook: Asus M50SA

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T9300

Graphics Adapter: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

Display: 15.4 inch, 16:10, 1680x1050 pixels, glossy: yes

Chipset: Crestline-Intel GM965

well everyone wants the same here, welcome you are thinking right then , let start

first of all the kext for HD3650 is still not available so you may have to do some research , and once you find it add it to your favorite preboot images and then add to SL extra folder (safe for update crashes ) , gud luck , do post whatever happened