• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

banini_jeque

banini_jeque

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
EVGA X58 boards are known to cause an AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kernel panic using bioses 44 and newer. I have found no documented cases of it not happening. Bios version SZ2Z works on the boards it is for, but all newer version do not. The panic is a type 13 general protection.

I have the EVGA X58 SLI3 (E767). I'm using bios 77 which just came out, C2RC5 r653, and AppleLPC/RTC/HPET are all loading. Attached are my boot.plist, dsdt, ssdt, legacy kext, ioreg, and smbios.plist.

Edit: I made the legacy kext wrong, but when I fixed it, it caused it's own panic, probably because it depends on AppleIntelCPUPM. I'm no longer using it, and am instead using MacPro5,1, with AppleTyMCEDriver deleted. That hasn't fixed the problem though.

Attached Files

• Attached File  e767.zip   463.18KB   36 downloads

Edited by banini_jeque, 21 December 2010 - 01:56 AM.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,139 posts
READ IT
http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1351022

Look it
Attached File  dsdt_banini_jeque.zip   7.7KB   43 downloads

HID/CID
IRQs
LPC ICH10
Renamed Devices
RTC
SBUS
_WAK

Use diffmerge
http://tinyurl.com/ld4wl7
Compare the two DSDTs

Try with Chameleon RC5
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Posted Image

banini_jeque

banini_jeque

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
I'm giving this a little bump. I've changed the title and content to reflect my progress.

kdtt

kdtt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
I replied to your post in other thread. after reading your post in other thread ,i updated bios to 77 and tried few things. I found this thread now and here's a few things,and i hope that this could be helpful to solve the problem. I googled about general protection error ,and google said that one of the reason that causes protection error is memory address conflict. and i guess applecpupowermanagement.kext is looking for address that is already occupied. I have no solution for that ,but if you can change the kextloading order,it won't panic. applecpupowermanagementclient.kext first and then applecpupowermanagement.kext later. I don't know why but i found out during installing lion previews with different boot loaders. I think you better look into differences evga board has, compare to other x58 boards. if you know about other motherboards, gigabyte or asus,whether they have 2 jmicron controllers or does evga boards need to remove unnecessary things in dsdt etc. i tried bios 80 beta. same panic happened.

kdtt

kdtt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
speedstepper works. if somebody can mod bios83 that would be great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy