New Rule

Alessandro17

7 posts in this topic

Pictures of other people should also be illegal.

Please note that this is prohibited (by law) in the Netherlands (under portrait right) and any moderator in a moderated forum can be liable when said moderator doesn't act by removing it.

Court fines can be as high as 25.000 euro.

Pictures of other people should also be illegal.

Please note that this is prohibited (by law) in the Netherlands (under portrait right) and any moderator in a moderated forum can be liable when said moderator doesn't act by removing it.

Court fines can be as high as 25.000 euro.

Do you mean pictures of real people? Yes, they should be forbidden, unless the other person knows and approves (say for instance it is your girlfriend or your boyfriend).

In any case this forum is owned by English people and located in England, so I suppose English law applies.

If I may interject, a dial-up user could use the option to disable viewing avatars and signatures. Why should we punish the majority for the benefit of the minority?

Serious inquiry.

It is actually the other way around. There are very few people who use(d) animated avatars, while I suppose there are thousands of people on dial-up. Not everybody lives in a wealthy western country. And even 35% of US internet is still on dial-up: http://www.webmasterworld.com/webmaster/40...ight=msg4087262

Besides "flashing", fast animations can be annoying for everybody, not just people on dial-up.

The purpose of this forum is not showing off, but learning about OS X on PCs and other Mac related matters.

• Like 1