[Guide] El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra on GA P35-DS3 / DSDT

MaLd0n

251 posts in this topic

you need the Chameleon RC5 / P and C states(boot.plist) + LPC Loaded + Fix Hpet(DSDT Auto-Patcher)

use nullcpupowermanagement while you do not solve this problem

I think I got the "P and C states" right because in the EXTRA folder you created for me there was a preconfigured boot.plist.

What is the "LPC Loaded"?

I believe I´m using the latest Chamelon release found in this thread.

I used the DSDT auto-patcher, and moved the output DSDT.aml file to the EXTRA folder at my harddrive.

Sorry no second harddrive available. Have to stick with MBR partion scheme.

Thanks for helping me out!

you should use this tutorial with a clean installation

Everything you need is in DSDT and folder Extra

the ideal is where we simplify

the process is not so simple

if we do not collaborate

gets worse

the myhack must use some kexts in the S/L/E

but I'm not sure

I do not use this procedure

sorry

What is the "LPC Loaded"?

No speedstepping without that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_Pin_Count

Hi MaLd0n, finally made som progress! :D

Now booting works fine. Everything is stable. But new problems have showed up.

1. "failed to unmount home dir.." when I quit OSX

2. can´t get USB Mantra TR1 IR receiver to work

3. can´t get USB Creative EMU 0202 external USB

Noticed that there were some USB-related settings in the Chameleon system pane. But none helped.

Any suggested on how to approach these problems?

1. "failed to unmount home dir.." when I quit OSX

Restart and Shutdown work?

2. can´t get USB Mantra TR1 IR receiver to work

3. can´t get USB Creative EMU 0202 external USB

use search forum or Google

Noticed that there were some USB-related settings in the Chameleon system pane. But none helped.

Nops

all you need is in DSDT

Yesterday was a big day! I finally got all of my hardware working! =D

Since somewhere about 2008 Creative have supported Creative EMU 0202. But from what I´ve read the drivers was really poor. And about half a year ago they released new beta drivers. I tried both these drivers without success. Really frustrating.

Then I read somewhere that these drivers would ONLY work in 32bit, and my OSX installation defaulted to 64bit. So I simply changed the kernel flags in com.apple.boot.plist to i386. In 32bit. And whooolla the device worked!

For Mantra TR1 transceiver I had to use Remote Buddy. Once installed, it worked flawlessly.

MaLd0n, you´ve been very helpful. Please let me know if I can support any hackintosh project with a little $$$ donation.

/Erik

Yesterday was a big day! I finally got all of my hardware working! =D

Since somewhere about 2008 Creative have supported Creative EMU 0202. But from what I´ve read the drivers was really poor. And about half a year ago they released new beta drivers. I tried both these drivers without success. Really frustrating.

Then I read somewhere that these drivers would ONLY work in 32bit, and my OSX installation defaulted to 64bit. So I simply changed the kernel flags in com.apple.boot.plist to i386. In 32bit. And whooolla the device worked!

For Mantra TR1 transceiver I had to use Remote Buddy. Once installed, it worked flawlessly.

/Erik

WoW

Great :)

MaLd0n, you´ve been very helpful. Please let me know if I can support any hackintosh project with a little $$$ donation.

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other! :)

Hi MaLdOn, hi everybody,

Things have come a long way. I started 4 years ago and am just looking for a more elegant installation. DSDT really looks very promising. I have been with Chameleon RC4, kext and strings but with 10.6.4 I will definitely try out DSDT.

Any advice for the following setup:

GA-EP35-DS35

Q6600

EVGA GTX 470

fishingrock95 suggests using Myhack 1.1.4 with the nVidia kexts:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1531533

Any thoughts?

aMuse

Hi MaLdOn, hi everybody,

Things have come a long way. I started 4 years ago and am just looking for a more elegant installation. DSDT really looks very promising. I have been with Chameleon RC4, kext and strings but with 10.6.4 I will definitely try out DSDT.

Any advice for the following setup:

GA-EP35-DS35

Q6600

EVGA GTX 470

fishingrock95 suggests using Myhack 1.1.4 with the nVidia kexts:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1531533

Any thoughts?

aMuse

you could send me the DSDT?

Run on terminal

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

I prepare the Auto-Patcher

eurow.gif

GA-EP35-DS3?

Thanks for your quick reply MaLdOn,

you are really amazing, offering to fix a patcher for me. The board is GA-EP35-DS3R (which means your patcher might just work as is for the board), but I am more concerned about the EVGA GTX 470 and am not sure if I should wait till 10.6.5 for the drivers.

Thanks a million

Thanks for your quick reply MaLdOn,

you are really amazing, offering to fix a patcher for me. The board is GA-EP35-DS3R (which means your patcher might just work as is for the board), but I am more concerned about the EVGA GTX 470 and am not sure if I should wait till 10.6.5 for the drivers.

Thanks a million

Ok

:)

Hi :)

First... sorry if my english is bad ;)

I'm totally a noob in osx86, so I'm trying to learn my own "how-to" :P

My system is this:

GA-EP35-DS3

Ati HD 4870 club 3D

4GB Ram

Quad Q9450

Monitor 1900x1080

Right now i have Windows 7 in my main hdd, and I've prepared another hdd with a partition for OSX. They're both in MBR.

I tried to install the retail DVD of Snow Leopard 10.6.3 with Nawcom's BootCD, and it seems fine, I just had to erase the partition using HFS+.

Now I don't know what to do to get everything working. My graphics are in 1024x768 and I don't know what else (if anything) is not configured properly.

Will your method work on my system (MBR)? It's the difference between GUID and MBR so important?

And for dual boot, what would you recommend? Chain0 or chameleon?

Thank you in advance, and sorry for my long post :)

Hi :)

First... sorry if my english is bad ;)

I'm totally a noob in osx86, so I'm trying to learn my own "how-to" :P

My system is this:

GA-EP35-DS3

Ati HD 4870 club 3D

4GB Ram

Quad Q9450

Monitor 1900x1080

Right now i have Windows 7 in my main hdd, and I've prepared another hdd with a partition for OSX. They're both in MBR.

I tried to install the retail DVD of Snow Leopard 10.6.3 with Nawcom's BootCD, and it seems fine, I just had to erase the partition using HFS+.

Now I don't know what to do to get everything working. My graphics are in 1024x768 and I don't know what else (if anything) is not configured properly.

Will your method work on my system (MBR)? It's the difference between GUID and MBR so important?

And for dual boot, what would you recommend? Chain0 or chameleon?

Thank you in advance, and sorry for my long post :)

Hi, erunamo

Use Chameleon RC5

erunamo.zip

1-copy the folder Extra for HD ---> /Extra

2-Install Chameleon RC5

3-generate your DSDT, use DSDT_Auto_Patcher.zip

the DSDT will be generated in Desktop, copy to folder Extra

4-Reboot

-v

*I still need to plug in an DVI->VGA adapter on the unused DVI port. Try this if you get a black screen instead of proper graphics.

**This problem of dvi2vga dongle was due to a change in the framebuffer version 10.6.3 +.

no need to use the dongle dvi2vga, just use the 10.6.2 kexts (ATI4800Controller, ATISupport, ATIFramebuffer).

that was the problem that was fixed in 10.6.5

Hi, erunamo

Use Chameleon RC5

erunamo.zip

1-copy the folder Extra for HD ---> /Extra

2-Install Chameleon RC5

3-generate your DSDT, use DSDT_Auto_Patcher.zip

the DSDT will be generated in Desktop, copy to folder Extra

4-Reboot

-v

*I still need to plug in an DVI->VGA adapter on the unused DVI port. Try this if you get a black screen instead of proper graphics.

**This problem of dvi2vga dongle was due to a change in the framebuffer version 10.6.3 +.

no need to use the dongle dvi2vga, just use the 10.6.2 kexts (ATI4800Controller, ATISupport, ATIFramebuffer).

that was the problem that was fixed in 10.6.5

Thank you!

I will try it tonight, because right now my vga is not detected, my cpu is detected as xeon, etc

I will tell you the results

And one more thing... can i disable ahci mode on BIOS once snow leopard is properly installed? My windows 7 can't start with ahci mode enabled, and it's a pain disabling it when I want windows and enabling it when I want osx.

Thank you in advance :)

And one more thing... can i disable ahci mode on BIOS once snow leopard is properly installed? My windows 7 can't start with ahci mode enabled, and it's a pain disabling it when I want windows and enabling it when I want osx.

key Windows + Key R

Type "regedit"

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/Msahci"

"Start"

"Value data"

Type "0".

my cpu is detected as xeon

That's Right

Ok, I have tried...

AHCI "problem" is solved thanks to your tips. Now I can boot in windows 7 without changing anything.

On the other side...

I have installed 10.6.3 from retail dvd with nawcom bootcd. No problems.

After the installation I have followed your guide: Copied extra folder, installed chameleon, dsdt generated and copied to extra folder, and reboot in verbose mode.

It hangs :P and do nothing...

I have attached a pic of the screen in verbose mode... I need help :P

Thank you!!

post-689145-1289346877_thumb.jpg

you're doing the boot with BootCd?

some kexts that has nothing to do

nullcpupowermanagement

appleviata

jmicronata

etc

use the files I sent you

only

do the boot without bootcd

you're doing the boot with BootCd?

some kexts that has nothing to do

nullcpupowermanagement

appleviata

jmicronata

etc

use the files I sent you

only

do the boot without bootcd

Yes, i didn't do anything else. Just the install with nawcom bootcd (maybe that's the problem...), and in fresh install I did your guide with the file you sent me. And the reboot was without bootcd, only choosing verbose boot in chameleon screen.

Maybe nawcom is installing files, so tonight I will try with the HackBootLiteV3, but I don't know if it will work since the hdd with the osx partition is MBR, is that a problem?

By the way, I only could enter in verbose mode choosing it in chameleon... is there another way to get in verbose mode (or safe mode) without chameleon? I've read -v and -x switches, but I don't know where to type them.

Thank you (again) :)

so tonight I will try with the HackBootLiteV3, but I don't know if it will work since the hdd with the osx partition is MBR, is that a problem?

yes, this is a problem

you need the Hybrid MBR

OR

other HD

By the way, I only could enter in verbose mode choosing it in chameleon... is there another way to get in verbose mode (or safe mode) without chameleon? I've read -v and -x switches, but I don't know where to type them.

Thank you (again) :D

I do not know

Use Chameleon RC5

yes, this is a problem

you need the Hybrid MBR

OR

other HD

I do not know

Use Chameleon RC5

I can't understand, but with hackbootv3 lite it can't even start the install. When the dvd is initializing there are some errors and it hangs. The only way I can enter the installation is with nawcom, but it seems to install kexts.

I still can enter SL with -x switch in chameleon rc5, and it seems to work the 4870 and the rest, but I don't know why I can't boot normally. How can I "clean" the boot?

use -v(without CD)

Post a photo

Here is the photo using -v without CD and a photo of the system booted with -x, with the Extra folder, just in case.

Another thing I've noticed is that everytime I boot SL (with -x) the time changes 1 hour less, so when I switch to win 7 is one hour less than the actual.

post-689145-1289508260_thumb.jpg

post-689145-1289508277_thumb.jpg

Here is the photo using -v without CD and a photo of the system booted with -x, with the Extra folder, just in case.

Another thing I've noticed is that everytime I boot SL (with -x) the time changes 1 hour less, so when I switch to win 7 is one hour less than the actual.

remove VoodooHda.kext

remove VoodooHda.kext

Well, finally I got it working. I don't know how to verify if everything is correct or if some piece is misconfigured, but it apperently works fine.

What I've done after some web-digging is to remove AppleHDA.kext located in /System/Libraries/Extensions. After that everything is working, even the audio with the VoodooHDA and I can boot normally. I even have updated SL to 10.6.5 without problems, but obviously I have had to remove again appleHDA.kext to be able to boot again (same problem).

What I can't understand is why this problem is happening to me since the audio integrated in this motherboard is the very same as in the p35-ds3... Why (e)p35-ds3 owners can boot without this problem (or even boot the install of SL via hackbootv3 lite without problems) and I have struggled to do the very same? What's the difference? Maybe some BIOS setting?

And the problem with the hour continues. In SL, I boot and the hour is correct, but when I reboot in win 7 the hour is one less than the actual... X-files? It hasn't happened before installing SL. Any tips?

Thank you for everything MaLd0n !!