[Guide] El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra on GA P35-DS3 / DSDT

MaLd0n

251 posts in this topic

Now have a Olarila app, just download app and clover folder for your Chipset!

Install MacOS with Olarila Image, Step by Step, Install and Post Install

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8685

730.jpg

First...

If you need DSDT edits...

-Extract tables with F4 key in Clover boot screen!

-Run it and send me files!

RunMe.app

Sierra/HighSierra needs processor with SSE4.1

Installation

--Create a bootable copy of El Capitan and Sierra

Check out the link

--Create a bootable copy of macOS HighSierra

Check out the link

--Install Clover in USB stick

--Replace with my Clover folder 

--Install El Capitan/Sierra/High Sierra and boot into system!

Post Installation

--Install Clover in HDD/SSD and replace with my folder

--Reboot and activate video!

-Nvidia WebDriver Sierra

-Nvidia WebDriver High Sierra

-Cuda

--DSDT

GA P35-DS3

DSDT.aml.zip

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!

Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad and many, many, many others!

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!

ENJOY!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi MaLd0n, I believe this is exactly what I´ve been looking for! =) But I would appreciate some more detail.

I have a booting OSX 10.6 installation using Myhack 1.1.4 and some kext for ATI 4850.

So, first I download all files, and install the new bootloader. How do I do that?

Then I patch my DSDT and add some XML to the new boot.plist.

And finally remove NULLCPU..kext from boot. Now I cross my hands and press reboot..?

Hi MaLd0n, I believe this is exactly what I´ve been looking for! =) But I would appreciate some more detail.

I have a booting OSX 10.6 installation using Myhack 1.1.4 and some kext for ATI 4850.

So, first I download all files, and install the new bootloader. How do I do that?

Then I patch my DSDT and add some XML to the new boot.plist.

And finally remove NULLCPU..kext from boot. Now I cross my hands and press reboot..?

-Apply the "GA P35-DS3 ALL PATCHES"

-Install Chameleon RC5

-Copy folder Extra(Files GA P35-DS3) to HD

-Reboot / use -v

Hi, reached a dead end when the DSDT.aml file was loaded. No error dumps nothing. Before that I got a KP related to my ATI 4850 but using -x I managed to pass it, but as mentioned, got stuck when the DSDT.aml file loaded.

Any suggestions on what to do?

-Apply the "GA P35-DS3 ALL PATCHES"

-Install Chameleon RC5

-Copy folder Extra(Files GA P35-DS3) to HD

-Reboot / use -v

HD 4850

1- use the kext legacyati4800controller.kex (E/E or S/L/E)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=59328

2- Graphicsenabler

Use Lizard

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1034555/lizard/Lizard-custom.zip

2a-Auto detect value

2b-GraphicsInjection

2c-save

lizard.png

REBOOT

*I still need to plug in an DVI->VGA adapter on the unused DVI port. Try this if you get a black screen instead of proper graphics.

**This problem of dvi2vga dongle was due to a change in the framebuffer version 10.6.3 +.

no need to use the dongle dvi2vga, just use the 10.6.2 kexts (ATI4800Controller, ATISupport, ATIFramebuffer).

that was the problem that was fixed in 10.6.5

The ATI Radeon Dual-DVI?

the only problem is the video?

Installation is clean?

or you used another installer?

send me a kextstat

run on terminal

Good morning MaLd0n and thanks for helping me out!

Before I applied the DSDT patch and upgraded the bootloader I used OSX 10.6.2 kexts to get dual DVI working.

The problem now is that I get stuck even though I try to boot into "safe mode" (using -x switch). The boot halts when my newly added DSDT.aml tries to load.

When I complied the DSDT.aml file I got two kinds of warnings. One was about incorrect min and max values. And the other one was about the "locale".. I checked them both and clicked "fix".

Is it enough to log in using some kind of Live boot CD which can read OSX file format and delete the DSDT.aml file and then reboot?

When I´ll get into the system I´ll post my kextstat´s.

Thanks, Erik

Use singleuser -s

root#

type

mount -uw / enter

rm -rf /Extra/dsdt.aml enter

exit enter

you can wait out the 10.6.5

*I still need to plug in an DVI->VGA adapter on the unused DVI port. Try this if you get a black screen instead of proper graphics. 10.6.5 fix problem

;)

until it is released...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1569213

Good morning,

Had trouble booting my retail OSX 10.5 DVD. Quite funny actually. I choose to ONLY boot the DVD device (disabled the other two boot alternatives). What happened was that it failed to boot the DVD and instead booted using my harddrive. How can that be when I´ve disabled that boot option?

When I get home today I´ll boot using Myhack USB. That option I know will work.

I´ll write here again when ´ve done progress. /Erik

Try a new installation(Snow Leopard Retail)

use cd to boot from my tutorial

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ap6gp2

use -x on installation

after installation

*I still need to plug in an DVI->VGA adapter on the unused DVI port. Try this if you get a black screen instead of proper graphics.

do it

use -x

1-copy de folder Extra to HD

2-install Chameleon RC5

P35_DS3_HD4850_gechulicious.zip

3-prepare your DSD, use the patch

4-copy the DSDT to the folder Extra

5-reboot

6- use -v

After

then we solve the dual DVI

DSDT Auto-Patcher Gigabyte GA P35-DS3

DSDT_Auto_Patcher_GA_P35_DS3.zip

This is a DSDT auto-patcher for the Gigabyte GA P35-DS3. It was created using DSDT Editor (by el coniglio) and uses this new feature that extracts the DSDT, applies the patches, fixes known compile errors, compiles and saves the patched dsdt.aml in your desktop.

ESB2 AHCI (silver icons for internal HDs instead of orange ones)

This "fix" was not used as it reduces capabilities, including real 64bit sata transfer and hotplug.

Use IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

Update Post #1

Hi mald0n, thank you very much for your efforts.

Would you please post your updated patch file to use with DSDT Editor? I can't use the autopatcher since I'm patching on a different PC.

With you're first patch my PC runs brilliantly, but I was aware of the ESB2 problem and came here to tell you, just to found you already kew it :rolleyes:

Also I've a few questions, please clear my doubts...

1) What's LegacyAppleAHCIPort for? I've running my rig without this for over an year

2) Jmicron.kext? Is it purely estethic to make the controller recognized by System Profiler or does it increase performance?

3) I see you haven't included your P and C states in the DSDT, I think you did it to make an universal patcher for the mobo. But are you using them for your Q6600? Or you're using Chameleon RC5 to generate them, too? I've tried both ways but I can't understand whats more stable or what raises performance. What do you think about it?

4) The same about my 8800GT. What's better? To use GraphicsEnabler or to patcj DSDT?

Again thank you very much for your effort.

UPDATE

I extracted the updated patch.txt from the .app, so there's no need for you to post it. Still there are 4 questions waiting for you! :D

1) What's LegacyAppleAHCIPort for? I've running my rig without this for over an year

AboutThisMac/MoreInfo

with this kext appears as AHCI ICH9

I apply in DSDT, appears as ahci ICH10

MaLd0n_2010_10_27___s_14.02.45.png

ICH10

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
   Store (Package (0x02)
       {
           "device-id", 
           Buffer (0x04)
           {
               [color="#FF0000"][b]0x22, 0x3A[/b][/color], 0x00, 0x00
           }
       }, Local0)
   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
   Return (Local0)
}

ICH8M

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
   Store (Package (0x02)
       {
           "device-id", 
           Buffer (0x04)
           {
               [color="#FF0000"][b]0x29, 0x28[/b][/color], 0x00, 0x00
           }
       }, Local0)
   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
   Return (Local0)
}

see kext AppleAHCIPort.kext

2) Jmicron.kext? Is it purely estethic to make the controller recognized by System Profiler or does it increase performance?

I still use IDE/PATA :D

without this kext my DVD recorder(PATA)not working

3) I see you haven't included your P and C states in the DSDT, I think you did it to make an universal patcher for the mobo. But are you using them for your Q6600? Or you're using Chameleon RC5 to generate them, too? I've tried both ways but I can't understand whats more stable or what raises performance. What do you think about it?

Chameleon takes care of that part

the future is now :P

I see no difference in performance

4) The same about my 8800GT. What's better? To use GraphicsEnabler or to patcj DSDT?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1414726

:D

Thanks for this post.

Works pretty well with my EP35-DS4 board to when I was testing it. ^.^

Seems to only be 2 problem with this install for (E)P35-DS4 boards.

1. S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio Output / Input is recognized in System Profiler but you can't select them in System Preferences

2. System profiler doest recognize the ICH9R chip in System Profiler (Unknown AHCI Standard Controller)

. I was stupid here.. Read MaLd0n post how to fix it. ^^

Used Chameleon 2.0-RC5r616 to get graphic and speedstep to work. ^^

Will post a update when/if I get the two things above fixed.

1. S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio Output / Input is recognized in System Profiler but you can't select them in System Preferences

Use the search forum

I do not know of a solution to this problem

Sorry :D

2. System profiler doest recognize the ICH9R chip in System Profiler (Unknown AHCI Standard Controller)

Use LegacyAppleAHCIPort in Extra/Extensions

LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext.zip

or

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1571092

I'm new to hackintosh, had a efi-x 1 before and want to upgrade to snow leopard and have no money to pay 200$ for a efi-x v1.1, so I'm searching for a good tutorial for my GA P35-DS4. Could you explain a bit more what I have to do, I have a original Snow leopard disk, what should i do with all this files you posted?

• Like 1

I'm new to hackintosh, had a efi-x 1 before and want to upgrade to snow leopard and have no money to pay 200$ for a efi-x v1.1, so I'm searching for a good tutorial for my GA P35-DS4. Could you explain a bit more what I have to do, I have a original Snow leopard disk, what should i do with all this files you posted?

Install Snow Leopard--> Use this bootcd http://www.sendspace.com/file/ap6gp2

after install

1-copy the folder Extra for HD ---> /Extra

2-Install Chameleon RC5

3-generate your DSDT, use http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235523

the DSDT will be generated in Desktop, copy to folder Extra

4-Reboot

-v

Install Snow Leopard--> Use this bootcd http://www.sendspace.com/file/ap6gp2

after install

1-copy the folder Extra for HD ---> /Extra

2-Install Chameleon RC5

3-generate your DSDT, use http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235523

4-Reboot

-v

thx I will try this, will updates work with this install?

When I boot, I get quite far but just before the "log in screen" the computer freezes even though I use -x -v switches.

The problem is that the screen have changed from terminal to a single color background so I can´t get any useful error traces.

I believe I can´t use the Hackboot install method because I think it requires GUID partion scheme, and I use MBR since my existing Windows7 partion uses that.

To install OSX I use MyHack 1.1.4 USB installation. It works fine and when I got into OSX I installed the Chamelon version you suggested to my harddrive, and copy the EXTRA folder you suggested to my harddrive. Then I created a DSDT.aml file using the Gigabyte EP35-DS3 ulitily which places the file on the desktop. Then I moved that file to /harddrive/EXTRA folder.

When the system boots, I looks like it gets the APPLEINTEL ACPI stuff right. But still it fails to boot.

When I get into OSX for the first time before I apply the custom DSDT and bootloader, shoud I patch OSX to version 10.6.4 (using version 10.6)?

I believe I can´t use the Hackboot install method because I think it requires GUID partion scheme, and I use MBR since my existing Windows7 partion uses that.

HackBoot+Snow Retal

only GUID

When the system boots, I looks like it gets the APPLEINTEL ACPI stuff right. But still it fails to boot.

you need the Chameleon RC5 / P and C states(boot.plist) + LPC Loaded + Fix Hpet(DSDT Auto-Patcher)

use nullcpupowermanagement while you do not solve this problem

When I get into OSX for the first time before I apply the custom DSDT and bootloader, shoud I patch OSX to version 10.6.4 (using version 10.6)?

Use GUID(you do not have any extra HD?)

after install

1-copy the folder Extra for HD(TOPIC) ---> /Extra

2-Install Chameleon RC5

4-Reboot

-v