5770 Displays

espekia

4 posts in this topic

I have got my XFX Radeon HD 5770 working using Mohamed Khairy's guide.

However, I have a strange problem. I have two monitors, one in each DVI port. I can only get one to show at a time, and I can only show the secondary screen, i.e. no dock, menu bar etc.

If I change to mirror the display on both monitors, i can then see the main desktop, but still only on one screen.

My monitors are different resolutions and i can also only set the higher resolution one to the smaller ones maximum.

I heard about Netkas saying for the 5770 you had to have a monitor in both DVI ports for it to work, and maybe this is a related issue.

Anyway, i am using the Vervet framebuffer as in the guide it was said this was the right one for ATI 5770

But maybe XFX 5770 is different?

I can still boot into my system, so if anyone knows which one i should use, then that would be great

or if the problem is something else entirely.

Sorry, i couldn't find anything relevant in all the other threads.

i thought seeing as this was a very specific question it would be most easily answered if i separated it from the more general how-to's

i see you have the exact same model as me, would you be so kind as to tell me which framebuffer you use?

I do apologise if this thread seems unnecessary and if i am part of a larger problem of many inexperienced users who make the forum a less pleasant place for those more accomplished than them.