Snow Leopard (MacOSX 10.6.3) on HP Pavilion dv9000t

Kassem9099

40 posts in this topic

you dont need to fear of anything , congrats you have now a mac osx on your hdd , what happened before it was a sleep problem we can fix it later on , you can go to your settings and make the hdd never sleep and the monitor too , and about the mac drive thats normal it happens when you force close the os no need to worry about that

Hello everybody, I have also Mac on my laptop HP Pavilion dv6 1129tx, after boot I also have problems with my monitor it has 4 different parts with defferent colors, but I can hear the music and even keyboard also works. The monitor is gowing blind when mac os starts, but everything works.

In what problem can be?

I used iAtkos 10.6.3. s3 v2

My graphic card is ATI Radeon HD 4500 Series.

Hi Kassem9099,

busy with work stuff recently so sorry for slow reply

but here what I can say:

I tried using the BootCD, unfortunately it got stuck at where it asks me to eject the BootCD and insert the MacOSX DVD... :/

Do you use retail copy of MacOSX ? anyway not really relevant anymore if you have OSX installed now right?

Update:

I suspect the problem is not really in my graphics card hardware, it's in the driver. As I said in the above post, before it booted into MacOSX I got a list of errors including something that has to do with NVEnabler (that was once of my choices in the Customize menu).

So anyway, right now I'm scared to boot into MacOSX but I'm willing to give it a shot. But before that, maybe I could do some maintenance work from MacDrive, like removing NVEnabler (I donno how to do that) and installing the right kext for my graphics card (NVidia Ge-Force Go 7600).

What do you guys think?

first - you dont need any NVEnablers here, 7600Go runs natively with DSDT injection (you can use my DSDT here)

about HP graphics and overheating problems - Yeah! I went through that, had reflowed Motherboard twice. That was when I used Winbollocks system. Since MacOSX installed (over year now) I haven't had any issues, even more - my GPU temps are about 30 Celsius lower (!!!) than in Windoze, (Win 70C-80C, OSX 45C-50C) and this is not delusion.

I posted you files that you need to put into your system after installation, why dont you try?

only problem could see here is if you use some hacked distro, not retail disk, then you may have already some other "unwanted" kexts in your /S/L/E directory and they not going to be happy with kexts I posted.

I can help you with vanilla installation, but never used any distros so don't rely on me here.

short info about kexts for HP9000

- install chameleon first

- audio is working with VoodooHDA.kext in /S/L/E directory

- temps (including GPU) FakeSMC.kext - /S/L/E directory

- battery needs VoodooBattery.kext in /E/E directory

- restart needs EVOreboot.kext in /E/E dir

- trackpad and keyboard - VoodooPS2Controller.kext in /S/L/E or /E/E directory

- other files: com.apple.boot.plist, smbios.plist, dsdt.aml - /Extra/ directory

thats all I need to run my system.

s

Ok I got the files swavek, but I do not know what to do with kext helper... I downloaded it from softpedia, but it seems to be a MacOSX app and not a Windows one...

EDIT:

Ok now I'm writing from MacOSX :)

I disabled the screen saver and the display sleep as well as the HDD sleep, just to stay on the safe side. I have also deleted NVEnabler using MacDrive (back in Windows).

Things I need to do:

1. Know how to use Kext Helper

2. Get the audio driver working.

3. Connect to the internet via wi-fi. I'm not sure whether it's working or not, I did not see any settings related to wireless internet. I connected using my LAN network (via a USB cable) by going to System Preferences > Network.

oh and by the way, how in the hell do I maximize windows in MacOSX?!

Again, thanks to everyone that helped me install MacOSX on my laptop :)

Ok I got the files swavek, but I do not know what to do with kext helper... I downloaded it from softpedia, but it seems to be a MacOSX app and not a Windows one...

EDIT:

Ok now I'm writing from MacOSX :)

I disabled the screen saver and the display sleep as well as the HDD sleep, just to stay on the safe side. I have also deleted NVEnabler using MacDrive (back in Windows).

Things I need to do:

1. Know how to use Kext Helper

2. Get the audio driver working.

3. Connect to the internet via wi-fi. I'm not sure whether it's working or not, I did not see any settings related to wireless internet. I connected using my LAN network (via a USB cable) by going to System Preferences > Network.

oh and by the way, how in the hell do I maximize windows in MacOSX?!

Again, thanks to everyone that helped me install MacOSX on my laptop :)

kexthelper installs kexts to /S/L/E folder only, joust drop the kexts onto it, write your password and click easy install, wireless is more complicated issue (it wont work with your current setup-dont waste your time with it), dont worry about it now, I'll explain that later, sorry no time right now. Sort out /Extra (copy files) , /Extra/Extension (copy files), /S/L/E (install using kexthelper) folder and chameleon install - first.

s

Yeah I got Kext Helper working but when I installed VoodooHDA I got a kernel panic error and I had to force reboot. I'm on Win7 right now so I'm not sure whether I can boot into MacOSX again or not. The problem is that there was a copy of that kext in the SLE directory already, there was a difference in file size though. Now I think the one I've got from you overwrote the one that was sitting there.

I haven't installed Chameleon yet, because I do not know how. But I'm using you BootCD in order to boot into MacOSX. I'll give it a shot now, hopefully the VoodooHDA didn't mess everything up!

By the way, do I have to boot using -f -v everytime I want to boot into MacOSX?

I haven't installed Chameleon yet, because I do not know how. But I'm using you BootCD in order to boot into MacOSX. I'll give it a shot now, hopefully the VoodooHDA didn't mess everything up!

By the way, do I have to boot using -f -v everytime I want to boot into MacOSX?

I posted you link with chameleon installer package, just intall it like other programs.

No, you dont have to boot with -f -v option

I posted you link with chameleon installer package, just intall it like other programs.

No, you dont have to boot with -f -v option

Ok I downloaded and installed Chameleon. I tried to boot from it but it failed. It kept telling me "Can't find rd(0,0)/Extra/mach_kernel"). What do I do now?

Also, I still did not get the audio driver to work. The SLE installs failed miserably. Kept giving me kernel panics so I removed them using MacDrive.

Any suggestions now?

Ok I tried booting into MacOSX using the BootCD and it worked like a charm. But then I restarted my PC and tried to boot into MacOSX without the BootCD and I received the same message in the post above... I really need to get this fixed, is Chameleon causing the problem, or is there anything else?

Ok I tried booting into MacOSX using the BootCD and it worked like a charm. But then I restarted my PC and tried to boot into MacOSX without the BootCD and I received the same message in the post above... I really need to get this fixed, is Chameleon causing the problem, or is there anything else?

ok Kassem9099,

try that: open Disk Utility, mark your HD with system, click blue info icon and it will show you information about your HD, then find line: Universal Unique Identifier - copy long number, now open your com.apple.boot.plist which you should find in /Extra directory and insert lines:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>boot-uuid=paste your long UUID number here arch=i386</string>

edit:

I checked com.apple.boot.plist that I asked you to copy to your HD with installed OSX and I realised that there are some lines that you have to change:

- open your com.apple.boot.plist located in your Extra folder and edit it so will look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1440x900x32</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>boot-uuid=paste your long UUID number here arch=i386</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Default</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>system-type</key>
<string>2</string>
</dict>
</plist>

try to boot again, post your results

s

Edit:

one more thing - post me exact model number of your laptop , best with HP website link, and try to install AppleAzaliaAudio.kext for audio, you will find it by downloading kextpack from here in S/L/E folder (remember to remove VoodooHDA.kext before). you can also read more about wireless solution there.

Ok I did everything you said but now I cannot boot into MacOSX at all...

1. If I use the BootCD, I receive a kernel panic. First the kp was caused by the ApplePS2Controller.kext so I removed it. Now I get a kp but I do not know what's causing it.

2. If I boot using Chameleon, everything goes fine until I get the following message: "Using PCI-Root-UID value: 0" and it just gets stuck there...

I'm thinking of restoring the old plist file, removing Chameleon (in case I succeeded in booting into MacOSX) and use the BootCD whenever I want to boot into MacOSX. Unless there's a way to solve the issues mentioned above...

Oh and by the way, I could not find the link to my laptop on the HP website, but it is the Pavilion dv9000 Intel version.

EDIT: I booted in safe mode using the command -x -f -v cpus=1.

Ok I did everything you said but now I cannot boot into MacOSX at all...

1. If I use the BootCD, I receive a kernel panic. First the kp was caused by the ApplePS2Controller.kext so I removed it. Now I get a kp but I do not know what's causing it.

2. If I boot using Chameleon, everything goes fine until I get the following message: "Using PCI-Root-UID value: 0" and it just gets stuck there...

I'm thinking of restoring the old plist file, removing Chameleon (in case I succeeded in booting into MacOSX) and use the BootCD whenever I want to boot into MacOSX. Unless there's a way to solve the issues mentioned above...

Oh and by the way, I could not find the link to my laptop on the HP website, but it is the Pavilion dv9000 Intel version.

EDIT: I booted in safe mode using the command -x -f -v cpus=1.

boot in verbose mode: -v and post KP screenshot here

Ok now that everything is working except Audio and Wireless internet, I'll focus on the Audio kext for now...

My Audio device is Intel HDA Conexant. I checked around the forum and found that AzaliaAudio should work but it didn't work for me... I deleted AppleHDA and VoodooHDA so this shouldn't be the problem... I'll give it another shot and report back with results!

EDIT: Turned out that I haven't deleted the AppleHDA before and that's what was causing problems with AppleAzaliaAudio.kext. Now that I've done things right, audio is working!! Credit goes to swavek as always :)

Only Wireless internet left to go! Any suggestions guys?

EDIT: Turned out that I haven't deleted the AppleHDA before and that's what was causing problems with AppleAzaliaAudio.kext. Now that I've done things right, audio is working!! Credit goes to swavek as always :)

Only Wireless internet left to go! Any suggestions guys?

Hi Kassem9099,

Glad you managed to turn your OSX system alive, congrats!

first let me clarify something:

Absolutely All credits go to people actively involved in creating and posting here their work, I'm only reading and trying to put pieces together to serve my needs, let me use this space to say thank you to people I know we would not go very far with installing OSX

FakeSMC - super thanks to Netkas, for new - "tempsMonitor" version credits to: Slice, Mozo and usr-sse2

VoodooHDA - with gratitude to Slice, AutumnRain, THeKING and Voodoo team

VoodooBattery.kext - thanks a million to Superhai !

VoodooPS2Controller.kext - Voodoo team

EvOreboot.kext - Evosx86 team

And Big Big thanks to Chameleon team and all people involved in its new versions.

------------------------

Oke, now about wireless on dv9000, its not that difficult as it looks so don't get scared :)

first of all - your original HP card wont work with OSX so you need to replace it with more friendly and civilised card,

there is plenty of them on the market, I use "Broadcom DW 1390 (£5 on ebay), 1490 will also work..

second - your bios is blocking other part cards so HP can sell you their replacements for 100 bucks or better, we need to unblock it ! check your bios version - I recon is F2x F25.. F27 .. F29, here you have two links: first with our bios version and second with other informations and F5x BIOS version,

so: buy new card, patch your BIOS, throw away old hp {censored}. put new card and voila! wireless is working :)

last to say: to all people tempted

You are doing this on your own responsibility !

good luck :)

s