OSX Install Hp p6130Y - USB Mouse Problems

santasmacosx

1 post in this topic

O.K. Here we go. So much to say, but I will try to condense it. I have installed snow leopard on various other computers (Sony Vaio Laptop, Presario,Custom built biostar Intel dual core, etc), but this one has me stuck. I have a HP p6130y. It has the Phenom X4 9750 CPU, 4 gigs of ram (I had 8 but the installs seemed to have trouble with 8 gigs).I'm using the standard graphics VGA port. One USB mouse and One USB Keyboard. The issue is that it seems that every distro except for Lawless AMD Phenom, seems to freeze the mouse and/or keyboard before the install even begins. I get to the language screen and the mouse freezes up before I can select anything.I managed to get Lawless installed, but after a few minutes the mouse freezes. I have checked with hp about usb legacy and it is not offered with any bios for this machine. Can someone look at the specs and give me an idea why the USB freezes on so many distro's. I have used Snowleo, Hazard 10.6.2, Tried the amd install with retail disc - modified amd kexts and smbios -IPC 10.5.6 - Iaktos v7 - Help help help.... :happymac: Any ideas on the usb mouse/keyboard problem would be appreciated. I currently have Hazard 10.6.2 on the computer, but the mouse freezes after about 3 minutes or so. I actually have another AMD Phenom that seemsto be having the same issues. Is it just the Phenom CPU or what?

I'm running Award 5.22 bios for this board...

These are my motherboard specs -

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...product=3980095

These are the computer specs:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...product=3980095