2 replies to this topic

Baldrick45

Baldrick45

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Hi folks.

Thanks to the NBI method in this forum I have a pretty functional Snow Leopard install patched to 10.6.4 with most things seeming to be reasonably well sorted. DSDT patching (nothing clever, just using DSDTSE's fixes and hacks) has got me function key brightness control, a working battery meter, power button fix etc and all with only 4 remaining warnings when I compile it.

I still need to patch my keyboard layout, but I'm about to play with Ukelele to generate my own and I have Spark to try and get volume control working.... But..... I'm pretty sure speedstep isn't working yet since my 4 cell battery is lasting 2h 15m to 2h 30m max while under Win7 I can get an extra hour out of it.

Any 1001 or 1005 owners who've cracked this yet want to explain how to get speedstep working? I was about to start looking at more DSDT hacking when I read that the latest Chameleon will generate C & P states without touching your DSDT. But If I install this version Chameleon, will this stuff up my NBI install (the NBI recovery=y option has saved me at least twice already so I don't want to bork it when the rest of the system is running nice and stable with the latest .84 release).

I'm confident that that a straight Chameleon install won't damage anything but as I understand it I then have to edit my plist to activate the P-states / C-states code and I'm concerned that any subsequent updates (10.6.5 anyone?) will trigger the NBI autopatch, re-install its current (earlier) version of Chameleon and start another merry round of hunt the KP....

I'm happy to be corrected and told I'm stupid but someone please point me in the right direction and help me finish off my eMac (and please don't just point me to the Chameleon thread - it's too long to make sense of - I have tried)

Baldrick45

PS any other NBI users find the NBI auto-patcher locked up about 5 mins after installing an update and rebooting? Recovery got me back in but the Gen extensions folder had been emptied and I had to manually re-install all the kexts and rebuild mkexts, repair permissions etc before I got it fixed. Just wondering if this is the price you pay for running NBI on a non-Dell netbook?

frankolo

frankolo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

DSDT patching (nothing clever, just using DSDTSE's fixes and hacks) has got me function key brightness control, a working battery meter, power button fix etc and all with only 4 remaining warnings when I compile it.

Could tell me.. how did u do? ;)
I've 1005ha and I still didn't solve.. ;)

Baldrick45

Baldrick45

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Could tell me.. how did u do? :blink:
I've 1005ha and I still didn't solve.. :(

Frankolo

If you look at one of my posts to Kyteflyer in the main 1001HA installation thread, you'll find my DSDT file to download. The 1001HA uses the same BIOS file as the 1005HA so if you upgrade to BIOS 1401 (available from Asus site) you should be able to use it yourself. The only issue should be that I have 2Gig of RAM and so you may find the battery meter doesn't work for you with 1Gig.

I extracted an initial DSDT file using DSDTSE (it has a single button to click to do this) and then worked through all of it's suggested Hacks which I thought were relevant to me (powerbutton, RTC fix CMOS fix etc..) and then used its suggested fixes (separate list of code corrections) to slowly work through and eliminate all of my compiler warnings. DSDT's are BIOS sensitive. I don't know how the memory size fits into this but it also affects it and it seems that you will need one based on the right RAM size to get the battery meter working correctly.

Hope these few pointers help.

baldrick45

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy