• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

Rosarioxx

Rosarioxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
i have installed 10.6.3 upgraded to 10.6.5 I had the problem of gray page, so I used the boot file in post number 4 Sgr33n user, now system start but have following error

hibernating image is old
bad display config block signature 0x141500ff
nvidia rom patching failed.

can you help me

beavuz

beavuz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm only guessing (already dropped the OS X project)

hibernating image is old
-I bet you hibernated the machine (making it think it should start where it left off). I've seen this myself on the 1215N, think I've just booted with the "-f" flag to avoid that

bad display config block signature 0x141500ff
-I bet that's the address which OS X think the nVidia card is on (apple have distinguished addresses so patches to drivers are necessary in almost any case). You should patch the driver, then I think OS X wuill recognize it (though I've bet it'll just be more work after that)

nvidia rom patching failed
-that means you are trying to flash your graphics card with new firmware (but it fails), bet this has to do with your driver don't recognize your graphics card, patch the driver first (don't ask, dunno how it's done, just google it). Then I think this stage will succeed.

Chances are that you are best off using the guide on page 8 on how to install 10.6.3 on the 1215N then move on to the guide on how to install 10.6.7 on the same page, that did it for me.
Just KEEP IN MIND, that tou are only able to use 32-bit OS X as the Intel driver is only 32-bit, though a 64-bit Intel driver does exist (on OS X 10.6.2, BUT that one does not work properly with 10.6.8). The major downside to using 32-bit OS X is that you are limited to 2GB of RAM

I would advise you to drop nVidia (QE/CI) support, use only the Intel card, as it seems like A LOT of work to get nVidia to work properly.

I've got Ethernet, full resolution, bluetooth, audio, card reader & multitouch to work with 10.6.7 32-bit, it ran 'kinda' smooth (as smooth as you would expect on a hackin'tosh)

just read the guides on page 8 then you are greatly on your way getting OS X on the 1215N, all references to drivers are all on this thread

happy hackin' :hammer: and merry Christmas :santa:

jonisign

jonisign

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Hey, thanks for the DSDT, with it I was able to get sleep working properly, thank you!

@analogman and appleworm

So far I've been able to get everything working fine on 10.6.7 except for sleep (and of course, QE, etc.). I noticed that you were able to get it working with this DSDT-- I've tried it and it still isn't working. What did you do to make it work? Can I make try making the same edits that you did to get sleep working?

Thanks!

CounterGame

CounterGame

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry for bumb, but can someone please reupload the files from MEGAUPLOAD?! Becuase Megaupload got banned from the FBI Thanks..

Oh btw: I finally installed Mac OS X Lion on my 1215n. But i can't change the resolutions, i can't even change it with the apple.boot.plist.. Please help :-)

AustinJohns

AustinJohns

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Sorry for bumb, but can someone please reupload the files from MEGAUPLOAD?! Becuase Megaupload got banned from the FBI Thanks..

Oh btw: I finally installed Mac OS X Lion on my 1215n. But i can't change the resolutions, i can't even change it with the apple.boot.plist.. Please help :-)

Could you write a step by step instruction how to install MAC OS X Lion on 1215n, please?

Max Philippov

Max Philippov

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Could you write a step by step instruction how to install MAC OS X Lion on 1215n, please?

Hello! I made Lion work on my Eee 1215N, but for now I haven't got support of Wi-Fi, sound and other features - it just booted.

All i did - got PRE-INSTALLED Mac Os Lion image(in .arc format), then sliced some space from my logical drive to be unallocated space(it was said that that image needs 15 GB to proceed, so I sliced 20 GB) then I used R-Drive to install that image to that "space"(check "Primary(active)"). After that we need to put these files into the root of our new Mac drive: http://www.multiupload.com/VRAL55DG1Z . These files are needed because 1215N has Intel Atom inside. Try it, if some more detailed instructions needed - ask me.

Now I'm facing some troubles to make wi-fi work, anyone have any ideas how to solve this issue?
UPD. I have broadcom wireless adapter, unfortunately.

hiwa

hiwa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Hello! I made Lion work on my Eee 1215N, but for now I haven't got support of Wi-Fi, sound and other features - it just booted.

All i did - got PRE-INSTALLED Mac Os Lion image(in .arc format), then sliced some space from my logical drive to be unallocated space(it was said that that image needs 15 GB to proceed, so I sliced 20 GB) then I used R-Drive to install that image to that "space"(check "Primary(active)"). After that we need to put these files into the root of our new Mac drive: http://www.multiupload.com/VRAL55DG1Z . These files are needed because 1215N has Intel Atom inside. Try it, if some more detailed instructions needed - ask me.

Now I'm facing some troubles to make wi-fi work, anyone have any ideas how to solve this issue?

may u reupload the pack ?

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

if you update to 10.7.3 use the IO80211Familly.kext from 10.7.2 .. (the broadcom in plugins .. right click show package contents of kexts)
also make sure youre not using macbookPRO4,1 as that made my wireless stop working... check it with chameleon wizard

hiwa

hiwa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
may someone make a guide or re-upload the pack for lion 1215N please?

hiwa

hiwa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2350

• Intel ATOM D525 kexts D525MW DSDT required.......!

hiwa

hiwa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
i can't even access the installation with Lion black screen with -v -f

Any help ?

thanks

CounterGame

CounterGame

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
@hiwa Why did you removed your awesome tutorial? Everything works for me! Except ION and Intel. even WiFi works.

manwe88

manwe88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

@hiwa Why did you removed your awesome tutorial? Everything works for me! Except ION and Intel. even WiFi works.

How you didi the wi-fi works? I installed OSX 10.7.2 on my asus Lamborghini VX6, that is very similar to 1215n, than upgraded to 10.7.3, but i cannot make wi-fi works. can you help me please?

P.S. I already saved and printed hiwa's tutorial. If you need it, i can write it again!!! I also downloaded all necessary files if you need.

hiwa

hiwa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

I didn't remove it.it's here some good mod split it
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=277113

Hiwa, link didn't link directly to guide post. Changed link for you -> Marugby123

CounterGame

CounterGame

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

How you didi the wi-fi works? I installed OSX 10.7.2 on my asus Lamborghini VX6, that is very similar to 1215n, than upgraded to 10.7.3, but i cannot make wi-fi works. can you help me please?

P.S. I already saved and printed hiwa's tutorial. If you need it, i can write it again!!! I also downloaded all necessary files if you need.

I replaced the WiFI Card.. Is it inpossible to create working kexts for Intel 3150 and NVIDIA ION?!

manwe88

manwe88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I replaced the WiFI Card.. Is it inpossible to create working kexts for Intel 3150 and NVIDIA ION?!

I don't know. I tried every possible kext found on internet to make GMA 3150 working. But nothing. Can anyone help us?

TylerD004

TylerD004

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
How are you guys getting the DVD to boot?

I've been trying both iatkos and Niresh to no avail. I'm using Chameleon 2.1r1921. What settings are you guys using? mach_atom? i386? What version is your BIOS?

Thanks!

Francis_R

Francis_R

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Anyone put Wifi working on Lion 10.7.2?

i instaled iAtkos L2, and i have

WORKING:

Ethernet, full resolution, bluetooth, audio, card reader & multitouch

NOT WORKING:

Wiif, Grafics But for now not a problem. I want is Wifi :S

Edited by Francis_R, 12 May 2012 - 02:05 PM.

karl!tos

karl!tos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Francis_R, please tell me what guide you followed? Until now I couldn't get... Thank you.

Francis_R

Francis_R

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi Karl!tos e use this guide http://www.insanelym...howtopic=277113
To use this guide you need to download iatkos L2 from there site, them put on a flash drive or burn disc.
If you put on a flash drive you need to install chimera on your flash drive them it will install normaly
This is what i do, and i have almost my hackintosh perfect :P for perfect i want to put Wifi working, but know how :S

(Sorry for my english)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy