• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

debaillon

debaillon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Can you work up a quick install guide if you get QE/CI working on 10.6.8 ?
I've got 10.6.3 up-and-running using iAtkos S3 v2 (then upgraded with the 10.6.8 legacy kernel.)
Sound works (with static), wireless works, haven't tried Ethernet, HDMI or sleep.

OK, 10.6.8 working on 1215n...

working: Wireless, Ethernet, Sound, ASUS Fn keys, battery gauge

NOT working: anything nVidia and I can't seem to change the display resolution no matter what I try :( (editing Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist file and booting up with "Graphics Mode" = "1366x768x32")

Emre SUMENGEN

Emre SUMENGEN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

NOT working: anything nVidia and I can't seem to change the display resolution no matter what I try :( (editing Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist file and booting up with "Graphics Mode" = "1366x768x32")

Sorry to hear that... I honestly didn't have to do anything to get graphics working with my Jetway. But, have you tried with your DSDT as well? (And/or check if the stock DSDT have required graphics methods/headers etc?)

(I'm no expert in DSDT stuff, and maybe I'm just lucky that mine pretty much works without any edits.)

debaillon

debaillon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Sorry to hear that... I honestly didn't have to do anything to get graphics working with my Jetway. But, have you tried with your DSDT as well? (And/or check if the stock DSDT have required graphics methods/headers etc?)

(I'm no expert in DSDT stuff, and maybe I'm just lucky that mine pretty much works without any edits.)

I'm really a complete idiot when it comes to DSDTs. I tried grabbing one from this thread but I'm not even sure where to put it to get the OS to recognize it. :(

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

I'm really a complete idiot when it comes to DSDTs. I tried grabbing one from this thread but I'm not even sure where to put it to get the OS to recognize it. :)

install chameleon 2.1 (in the new releases section)
then it will look for dsdt.aml in root of drive /Extra/dsdt.aml also needs proper /Extra/smbios.plist (from lion usb install guide.. Extra folders)

debaillon

debaillon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

install chameleon 2.1 (in the new releases section)
then it will look for dsdt.aml in root of drive /Extra/dsdt.aml also needs proper /Extra/smbios.plist (from lion usb install guide.. Extra folders)

I used Chameleon Wizard to install the latest svn and configure the NVIDIA rom, graphics mode, smbois, etc. I still can't get anything better than 1025x768. I'm starting to question my sanity/abilities here. :D I get "ERROR: NVIDIA rom patching failed" and some code (too quick to see.) I know that some of the changes took as I changed the Chameleon theme and it shows up fine.

balazsnikov

balazsnikov

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
@debaillon

To get full resolution working use the extra folder and boot file of theHawks, I get the nvidia rom pathing failed error too but for me it boots correctly I only don't have Qe/CI :/
EDIT : I also have an error just before the rom patching failed this is: bad display block signature "some hex code here" Anybody knows what that mean?

debaillon

debaillon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

@debaillon

To get full resolution working use the extra folder and boot file of theHawks, I get the nvidia rom pathing failed error too but for me it boots correctly I only don't have Qe/CI :/
EDIT : I also have an error just before the rom patching failed this is: bad display block signature "some hex code here" Anybody knows what that mean?

theHawks is running 10.6.6 while I'm at 10.6.8
There's only so much of his config that I can "copy" :D

balazsnikov

balazsnikov

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
sorry then... I'm on 10.6.7 and everything works fine...

mrd752002

mrd752002

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

sorry then... I'm on 10.6.7 and everything works fine...

hello there,

please post a comprehensive steps to install 10.6.3 to 10.6.7 to 1215n with all attached files on it.
i just bought 1215n and i really wish to install mac on its internal hard drive, because i dont mind to loose windows on it.

Thank you and your help is much appreciated.Posted Image

balazsnikov

balazsnikov

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
What I've used:
First I followed the install guide of this topic(you can find it on page 8,second post).
Then to update to 10.6.7 I've used the guide just after the first. I used combo update 10.6.7 with the original mach_kernel(you need to modify the com.apple.boot.plist -> "<key>Kernel</key><string>mach_kernel</string>"without quotes )
and then I replaced the boot files(and modules) and copied the Extra folder o theHawks. For touchpad and keyboard use voodoops2 and voodoohda for sound.
Use the custom DSDT to get sleep,brightness control working.

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
what smbios.plist model ?

balazsnikov

balazsnikov

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

what smbios.plist model ?

I didn't used a modified one... Netbookinstaller generated it for me and/or it was included in theHawks extra folder ;)

debaillon

debaillon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
OK, so I decided to try something a little different.
I created a Lion boot USB drive based on the tonymac guide.
http://tonymacx86.bl...lion-using.html
Before installing, I replaced the mach_kernel on the root of the USB stick with nawcom's modified Atom Lion 10.7.1 kernel.
http://www.insanelym...p...t&id=101801
I rebooted, installed, and rebooted again to USB and I'm up.
Nothing but video, keyboard, and mouse are working right now...but will post as I make progress.
The system shows up as an Intel Core 2 Duo.

debaillon

debaillon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

OK, so I decided to try something a little different.
I created a Lion boot USB drive based on the tonymac guide.
http://tonymacx86.bl...lion-using.html
Before installing, I replaced the mach_kernel on the root of the USB stick with nawcom's modified Atom Lion 10.7.1 kernel.
http://www.insanelym...p...t&id=101801
I rebooted, installed, and rebooted again to USB and I'm up.
Nothing but video, keyboard, and mouse are working right now...but will post as I make progress.
The system shows up as an Intel Core 2 Duo.

...getting a little further along now...

Atheros AR8152 LAN (working with IONetworkingFamily.kext)
Atheros AR9285 BGN (NOT working - tried AR 9285 LegacyAtheros.kext)
Display = 1024x768x32 (NOT getting 1366x768x32)
Intel GMA 3150 graphics (0xa001)
nVidia ION 2 graphics (0x0a76)
Intel 82801G HD audio (working with VoodooHDA.kext)

debaillon

debaillon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

...getting a little further along now...

Atheros AR8152 LAN (working with IONetworkingFamily.kext)
Atheros AR9285 BGN (NOT working - tried AR 9285 LegacyAtheros.kext)
Display = 1024x768x32 (NOT getting 1366x768x32)
Intel GMA 3150 graphics (0xa001)
nVidia ION 2 graphics (0x0a76)
Intel 82801G HD audio (working with VoodooHDA.kext)

...updates...

Atheros AR9285 BGN (working with IO80211Family.kext)
Display = still 1024x768x32
Intel GMA 3150 graphics (0xa001) (detected not great)
nVidia ION 2 graphics (0x0a76) (NOT detected even with .rom)

mrd752002

mrd752002

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
thus anyone tried the iatkos L2 to install on our 1215n?
i would like to try it tonight hope it works, post will be available on any progress.

mystique38

mystique38

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hello,

I search a full guide for install snow leopard or lion for this netbook

all work ?

best regards

DDJ

DDJ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I give up now... it's 2 days I'm trying to install Lion on my 1215N with no luck (I tried with both retail versions and iATKOS L2). It would be nice to have a step by step guide by the people who got it working...

thus anyone tried the iatkos L2 to install on our 1215n?
i would like to try it tonight hope it works, post will be available on any progress.

I couldn't get it to work (iATKOS L2). Did you have any luck? If so, how? Thank you,..

mrd752002

mrd752002

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

I give up now... it's 2 days I'm trying to install Lion on my 1215N with no luck (I tried with both retail versions and iATKOS L2). It would be nice to have a step by step guide by the people who got it working...

I couldn't get it to work (iATKOS L2). Did you have any luck? If so, how? Thank you,..

Sorry guys, same here.

beavuz

beavuz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'am able to boot 10.6.8 32 bit with full resolution (using AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext)
I am also able to boot it 64 bit, with full resolution (using the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from 10.6.2 as that version is 32/64-bit)

so basically I'm a happy camper :cowboy: :fiery:

THOUGH..

however in 64 bit full resolution the cursor is a little messed, (guessing that is a minor issue, I have done no work on that).
The biggest problem is when I'm using 64-bit it says in System Profiler "64-bit kernel and extensions" "Yes". However when I'm swapping the RAM, it simply won't boot 64-bit using 4 GB of RAM, now I'm doubting that it even runs 64-bit when it tell it does. Can anyone confirm this? Or tell me what's going on.. :)
(don't know if QE/CI is enabled with 10.6.2 driver, how can I check this?) :huh:

It hangs at "IOAPIC version 0x20 vectors" (cpus=1, cpus=2 & cpus=4 boot args don't work).
A (perhaps) minor detail, I have to hit the "any button" one time at boot, when it says "Running on a 10.2.0+ kernel" (this only occurs 64-bit with this kernel, 32 bit just boots) don't know what this means, anyone?

I' so close now, either to have a running OS X 10.6.8 64-bit full resolution, or simply giving up :ihw_pop:

the history of my project:
my primary OS is Linux, only doing this because a friend of mine offered me this PC for free, gf is all apple so I figured this PC would be perfect to boot OS X and Windows 8.. Or not.. Maybe it becomes just another Linux box in the end.. Cheers (no beer drinkin' smiley? are you kiddin' me?) :wink2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy