Eeepc 1101HA keyboard and touchpad

jbbrs

9 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I followed a blog and a discussion here to get a running install of snow leopard on a external usb hd. The problem is that I had to do the install using a external usb mouse, and after install the hd boots, but stops asking for a keyboard, as the keyboard still isn't detected. I know a GMA500 notebook might not be the best choice to run osx, but it is the one I have.

What should I do next? I've tried some kexts that were mentioned in the discussion and in the blog post, but without any success. Can anyone help me here, and suggest what should I do next?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, using those kexts even the usb mouse isn't detected anymore, and the keyboard and touchpad still won't work. This is what I have in my usb key extensions:

AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext  
AppleSMBIOS.kext  
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext  
VAIOPEnabler.kext  
VoodooHDA.prefPane
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext		  
fakesmc.kext	  
OSXRestart.kext			  
voodoohdahelper	
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
AppleGenericPCATA.kext		
__MACOSX		  
PlatformUUID.kext			
VoodooHDA.kext	 
VoodooPS2.prefPane

The two kexts I had before for the keyboard where ACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext, which I removed so as to not conflict with the voodoo ones.

What should I try now?

Thanks!

I would try moving AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext to /System/Library/Extensions.

I just tried it, and got the same result. As /System/Library/Extensions didn't exist in my chameleon boot key, I created it and moved those two there. Left all the others in /Extra/Extensions. Unfortunately, the keyboard and touchpad still don't work. As with ACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext I only needed to pass "-f" and the usb mouse gets detected and allows me to finish the install - of course later booting into the installed partition stops waiting for a keyboard.

PS: I can add the output of lspci and lsusb in linux, if that helps

PPS: Obrigado!

I mean /System/Library/Extensions in the system partition, not boot partition.

If it works with -f (ignore caches) maybe you have an Extensions.mkext in Extra? Try removing or updating it.

Ok, I was trying to install with touchpad and keyboard working, but adding it to the system partition gets the keyboard working (some times). I'll check more now with the kexts listed in the blog and the discussing I referenced to see if a combination of those gets my system working.

As for "-f", I need it at least to get the usb mouse working so I can run the install, with only the dvd and the boot key, and I don't have any mkext file in the boot key, so it is strange.

Muito obrigado!

I'm felling frustrated again. I had the keyboard (but not the touchpad) working for a while, with the voodoo kexts in the system partition. Unfortunately, it stopped working when I was going to input my details, and never worked again. I've tried all, -f, cpus=1, single user, etc. The keyboard refuses to work with osx. What can I do to find what is going wrong?

• 2 months later...

I really was being stupid. I was using a DSDT done by another 1101HA owner, instead of dumping the one from my 1101HA and fixing it. It turns out they were different (different ROM version?), and that with my DSDT both the touchpad and keyboard work (at least during set-up phase). In a couple of hours I'll see if they also work after installation (no reason not to, but you never know). Thanks for the help, anyway.

Edit: I can confirm it works, now I am fighting the known problems -wifi, ethernet, sata, audio...