Asus 1001px double display

PunkySxE

9 posts in this topic

Hi there ,

i have an asus eee pc 1001px. I got everything to work except wifi and the video card which is an intel GMA 3150.

My resolution currently is 1024x600 with the GMA 950 kext , but i'd like to use another monitor i have, a samsung syncmaster 932MW.

If i plug the monitor in nothing will appear , black screen and in "system prefs/ displays" there is no "detect multiple displays".

Any help?

edit : forgot to say that i currently have Snow Leopard 1.6.0 installed from retail disk.

Update : If I plug the monitor after boot and then press fn + f8 i can keep the netbook screen resolution at 1024x600 and the resolution of the external monitor at 800x600 and with some tweeks in the option inside the monitor i can get somehow an acceptable interface.

Still the problem is not solved though

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same model with the 6cell battery and have the same problem you have. I thought this had the GMA950 card and when I saw your post I realized I have been chasing the wrong kexts. Do you know of any source for drivers for this card as I suspect it will gradually replace the 950. Perhaps it can be done under DSDT.

excuse me punky, i have the same asus model. witch guide i have to read for a correct installation? is the 1000px similar to other asus models? thanks in advance. gma 950 drivers supports quartz funcion?

I didn't follow any guide.. First of all , i installed iatkos s3 v2 with the atom kernel and some other patches which i don't remember right now. Then I made a usb stick to install the Snow Leopard Retail DVD..You boot from the usb and after everything goes fine you have to install the voodoHDA audio kext for the sound and somewhere on the forums there are also the kext for the ethernet ;) i'm sorry if i can't give you further infos but right now i installed ubuntu linux and i won't switch back to mac as long as there isn't any solution for the graphics =) And no , no quartz function at all ;(

• 1 month later...
Hi there ,

i have an asus eee pc 1001px. I got everything to work except wifi and the video card which is an intel GMA 3150.

My resolution currently is 1024x600 with the GMA 950 kext , but i'd like to use another monitor i have, a samsung syncmaster 932MW.

If i plug the monitor in nothing will appear , black screen and in "system prefs/ displays" there is no "detect multiple displays".

Any help?

edit : forgot to say that i currently have Snow Leopard 1.6.0 installed from retail disk.

Hi, i have been trying snow leopard on my 1001px for days now, i can install with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] but only in safe mode, and when it boots into SL it will just boot into safe mode, so after a few days and mucking around, i finally got it to boot into normal mode with chameleon after patching the mach kernel.. now the display is good, the external drives show up, just no trackpad and keyboard, have to use USB..

im going to try use iAtkos for SL 10.6.3... hope u may be able to give me some advice, with any issues u may have come across.. any help muchly appreciated.. B)