Don't bother with genuine WIFI card it simply does not work ! you can buy a Broadcom 4311 one (50,10 euros on HP website)
Reference number is 441075-002
Switch the laptop on then click on F9 function key to launch the boot menu
Eject the CD tray and insert boot-123 CD
From the menu, choose CD
Wait for the laptop indeed boot on the CD when done, eject it
Insert IPC 10.5.6 CD then press ENTER a couple of time
Leopard installation starts....
When you arrived on installation menu choose "disk utility" application.
create a partition on your main HD (in option, choose GUID)
When it's done, quit the disk utility and go on with the installation
Custom your installation as follow :
- choose a language
- Kernel : Netkas Speedstep 9.2.0
- choose patched USB driver
- Power management : VoodooPower
- Fix : PS/2
- (can't remember this one but choose a battery manager)
- skip the disk checking
- pray for a better world until the installation is complete
- Once the installation is over, press F9, eject your CD and choose to boot on your hard drive
- Create an account...after a moment you are actually on Mac OsX 10.5.6
- From Apple official website, download combo ugrade 10.5.8
- open disk utility, drag and drop MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.8.dmg to your utility disk then burn it on a CD. When finished, quit disk utility, run the CD
- Run the upgrade program, follow instructions...after finished application asks you to reboot : do so
- download OsX86 tools, click on "Enable/Disable Quartz GL" : enable it
- reboot your laptop
- Back on OsX, download AZALIA audio and launch it then reboot
- Back again on OsX, download VoodooHDA.kext (latest version)
- Your Compaq 6710b is an almost finished Hackintosh.
- Download Sparks to custom your keyboard if needed (here)
You will notice Firewire card looks fully detected according to "about this mac" menu (max speed 400mb/s) but unfortunatelly the outlet will not detect your firewire devices....
If you have an answer to that please, help me like I hope I helped others here !
1 reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users