NVidia Gigabyte GV-N26OC-896H causing black screen

FX Poster

1 post in this topic

Hello, everyone.

I really need your help in installing/configuring my PC to run Snow Leopard on top of it.

My PC config:

CPU: Intel Core Duo E2160

Videocard: NVidia Gigabyte GV-N26OC-896H (GTX260)

Motherboard: Asus P5B

6 GB Memory ( 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 )

2 HDD drives

I know, that my configuration is not ideally for MacOSX, but...

So, my first attempt to install SnowLeo was iAtkos S3 v2. I installed it a lot of times before figuring out what kexts/drivers/patches should I install to boot it up.

The approach, that was giving me almost successfull result was: enable GraphicsEnabler, boot into single user mode and remove everything from /System/Library/Extensions/NV*. Then I can boot into system using normal mode, but expose and any other graphics-related features were working very slow. When I put the NV*-drivers back to /System/Library/Extensions/ - I get a black/gray screen after boot and nothing happens after. If a boot in verbose mode - I see my system loads and then again I see the same black screen.

I vas trying to use EFI strings and NVEnabler. Effect is the save - when drivers are in /System/Library/Extensions/ - I cannot move further, than black screen after booting. If I delete drivers - everthing loads, but no hardware acceleration is enabled, of course.

I tried to use the method explained here: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ibo...ac-os-x-on.html (except I didn't take out hdd and additionsl memory). The result is interesting - I cannot boot the MACOSX Retail DVD 10.6.3. I get into the same black screen I was in before. The same result I got using MacOSX Retail DVD 10.6.0 from my friend's MacBook Pro.

Please, help me to enable these NVidia Drivers or what else could cause such symptoms?