Identifying groups of Hackintosh capable HP desktop systems...

danielmramos

2 posts in this topic

HP does not use many different motherboards; rather, it sticks to certain groups of motherboards and reconfigures their desktops around those motherboards. They then proceed to give them crazy names like HPE-310t or HPE-380t or it could be a whole bunch of other gobbledygook that identifies a particular build such as p6630f. Those names do not make a whole lot of sense to me. What does matter is identifying the motherboards these various builds utilize so that hackintosh capable complete systems could be readily recognized by their motherboard. I was particularly encouraged by reading threads such as the following.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=13923#p13923

Obviously the H57 express motherboards used by HP are compatible. Others may be as well. I will start listing the system types with a link to where a detailed description of the motherboard could be found. Hopefully this list will grow and come in useful in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

There is obviously a whole bunch of information on this motherboard. I have been looking for a way to list it all without creating a huge list of unreadable text. I finally figured how to do this, so here it is. This link will take you to an HP search page that list just about everything you will be able to find about the IPMTB-TK (Truckee) motherboard.

http://search.hp.com/query.html?qt=IPMTB-T...p;uf=1&st=1

If you scroll through the list you will see information about everything from bios updates to entries for the individual PC models that use this motherboard. I have noticed that this motherboard is quite similar to Asus Rampage III Gene motherboard. There is a DSDT for the Gene III motherboard over at tonymacx86. It may be a good place to start if you are anticipating creating an OSX86 edited DSDT for this motherboard. For those that have access to a system with this board please post raw and edited DSDT files in this thread so that we can all work at making these machines better and simpler hackintosh candidates.

Thanks to all in advance.