Post-Installation Thoughts.

Steve Mobs

2 posts in this topic

Posting this here since I'm a "new" user.

I know I'm not alone in this. Have any of you realized, after getting your Hackintosh set up, that you actually prefer your former OS?

It's Windows 7 for me. I don't use programs exclusive to it, or even OS X for that matter, but there are simple things that make me prefer it. Aero Snap, real maximizing, and the Superbar which functions as a dock and window manager.

On the other hand, OS X was great - the overall interface, single-file apps, and Carbon Copy Cloner. Amazing stuff, but I think it's simpler for me to use Windows 7. In my case, 7 "It just works", and OS X, "It works." (Mind you, there were no performance differences.) I think what spurred me to go for OS X was my bad experience with Vista.

Apple is still in my future. I'll buy an iMac for its power, nice hardware, high resolution screen, and FireWire since I work with music.

What are your post-installation feelings?

...if it matters...

I have no complains about both OS's I use (Windos7 and Snow/Leopard). Each has its' one +/-. In fact, it's more about personal preferences/needs, then about OS itself.

Though there is one BIG reason why I'm still using Windows - AutoCAD. It's my main tool - no go without it. I don't like how it works in a virtual environment (VmwareFusion), therefore prefer to use not a virtual Windows.

There is a light coming from the tunnel though :P Autodesk is going to release a Mac version of AutoCAD 2011 next month (late October 2010). So there would be a chance to say goodbye to Windows...

We will see.