Intel DX58SO Drivers 10.6.5 v1.3.0 Update

Sinadrin

49 posts in this topic

you are correct, QE was working properly. I originally just launched dashboard, expecting to see the ripples, forgot you have to add a widget to see those.

im not worried about 4870x2. just happy this thing is working properly. Migration assistant just finished, so about to restart and fingers crossed my apps work :help:

This thing is pretty fast.

Geek bench - ~ 11356

Cinebench - ~5.50

Let me know what you guys think about the scores, or how they compare to what you are seeing.

thanks again to all, will report back on if migration assistant was a success.

added: here is my xbench score

First of all, you guys have gotten me a long way from when I first started trying this a week ago. Many thanks. This is the first time I have resorted to posting.

I used the successful setup at HCL 10.6.3 - OSx86

My BIOS is updated and set to AHCI. I can get as far as having VGA mode on 10.6.3 and 10.6.4 working without sound. After installing the 10.6.4 update from the iAtkOS s3 v2, I install the suggested chameleon bootloader and then the DX58SO update that is posted in this forum. Upon restart (no bootCD and using cpus=1 busratio=20 -v) I get the following screen:

post-685839-1288546769_thumb.jpg

If I try to reboot again, with -x -v, it hangs on this screen for a very long time:

post-685839-1288546878_thumb.jpg

I apologize if this reiterates a previous post. I am finding it difficult to decipher what would be best for my particular setup. I appreciate any help you can give. I am a newbie, so you may need to spell it out or me. :(

------------------

Intel Core i7-920 @ 2.66 GHz

Intel MotherBoard DX58SO

8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

NVidia EVGA GT 240

NVidia Tesla c1060

• 2 weeks later...
I updated to 10.6.5 everything worked fine except the sound i had to install the AppleHDA 10.5.6 kext then it worked.

Also anyone know how to make the sleep and Front Audio Port panel work on a DX58So MOBO

did you just update via software update?

did you just update via software update?

yes i did i just hit up software update download it install it then reboot , make sure if you have Sleepenabler.kext to uninstall it cuz it gives it a kernel panic

Can anyone tell how to boot up to 64 bit kernel i tried but it gets stuck on the apple boot up screen

Yes, removing applehda would stop the kp. I used the pack from Raul but I had some issues with the sound and the dsdt. So oldnapalm patched the dsdt using the original and I got everything working 100%, including sleep. I also decided to use VoodooHDA cause AppleHDA had some issues for me (the volume and non-working frontal ports).

If you want to try patching the dsdt check the Auto-patcher, it has the fixes I got in my dsdt to make it work (w/ sleep). I don't know if maldon applied the sound patches too, but I think he did. In 10.6.4-5 you can boot w/o a dsdt.aml with no arguments.

Yes, removing applehda would stop the kp. I used the pack from Raul but I had some issues with the sound and the dsdt. So oldnapalm patched the dsdt using the original and I got everything working 100%, including sleep. I also decided to use VoodooHDA cause AppleHDA had some issues for me (the volume and non-working frontal ports).

If you want to try patching the dsdt check the Auto-patcher, it has the fixes I got in my dsdt to make it work (w/ sleep). I don't know if maldon applied the sound patches too, but I think he did. In 10.6.4-5 you can boot w/o a dsdt.aml with no arguments.

Thanks that fix the front panel audio works great with Voodooh , it does work with applehda also but the front panel doesnt work. Now i need just the sleep to work but i guess ill leave that for later.

Thanks that fix the front panel audio works great with Voodooh , it does work with applehda also but the front panel doesnt work. Now i need just the sleep to work but i guess ill leave that for later.

Extract your original dsdt and upload in here or in the Auto-Patcher topic, someone will help you out to fix the sleep. =)

By Extract the Dsdt what do you mean like get the file from /Extra/Dsdt.aml

I mean the original dsdt (from bios). You can boot without a dsdt.aml in /Extra and extract in mac, or on another OS (linux livecd) if you have one. Just move it to your desktop, boot, extract it from system, then place it back, reboot. If you got a recent version you won't need fsb or any other parameters to boot w/o the dsdt.

Do you have a guide or can you explain to me how to obtain the original dsdt cuz i install the one from the driver pack also if i get the original dsdt and patch it would i be able to boot to 64bit Thanks

Edit

I been testing the VoodooHDA kext and theres a problem i hear crackling noise when i play something

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting the "No HPETs available" Kernel panic from the AppleCPUPowerManagement.

I updated to 10.6.5 and to chameleon rc5, everything was running fine, i installed the 1.3.0 dx58So package and i'm getting this error, what can i do to solve it?

i have bios 5456.

kxld[com.apple.drive.AppleRTC]: The Match-0 file is malformed : Invalid magic number : 0xbebafeca.

Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.drive.AppleRTC.

Kext com.apple.driver.AppleRTC failed to load (0xdc008016).

Couldn't alloc class "AppleRTC"

netkas presents fadesmc, a kext wich emulates smc device

"No Hpets available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly\n"@/Sourcecache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

I'm getting the "No HPETs available" Kernel panic from the AppleCPUPowerManagement.

I updated to 10.6.5 and to chameleon rc5, everything was running fine, i installed the 1.3.0 dx58So package and i'm getting this error, what can i do to solve it?

i have bios 5456.

Any help, i'm a bit stuck on here...

I thought this package was compatible with every dx58so ?

• 5 months later...

Hola Raul, oye (bueno primero te escribo en español por que eres de Venezuela bueno eso dice tu perfil) yo tengo una dx58so y soy totalmente nuevo con este proyecto de osx86 ya lei e investigue un monton, no llego aqui a que me resuelbas la vida, y llegue a este muy buen foro buscando como instalar mac osX en mi motherboard intente nawcombot, empire efi y nada me falta con chameleon, tengo una duda la instalacion del SO para la dx58so es especial o solo la parte despues de los drivers? en caso de que lo sea donde encuentro una guia paso a paso he buscado aqui como loco una y solo las encuentro en portugues, ninguna en ingles ni español, por lo pronto buscare guias para chameleon haber si puedo porfin, te agradezco mucho de antemano un saludo, gracias.