LPC ICH10

REMOVED DEVICES

MUT0.

by MaLd0n

KEXTS:

HDAEnabler (10.6.5)

ALC889 Audio (10.6.5)

AppleHDA For ALC889 (10.6.5)

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector (Internal Drive)

AppleIntel8256X (Ethernet)

FakeSMC 2.5

BOOT OPTIONS:

arch=i386

EthernetBuiltIn

Generate C-States

Generate P-States

GraphicsEnabler

LegacyLogo

Display resolution (1920x1200x32 Selected by default)

smbios.plist (DDR3 1066,1333,1600) 1333 Selected by default

OTHERS:

Theme Chameleon 2.0 Custom (Intel DX58SO)

COMPATIBLE WITH:

10.5.x

No

10.6.5 (32-bits - 64-bits)

Yes

DX58SO_Installer.mpkg.zip

Thanks for this, works great.

I did not install any HDA kexts since I use an external interface but the dsdt and SpeedStep seem to be working properly because now I'm finally getting proper temps. Also I no longer had a need for IOACHIBlockStorage (orange icon fix) so the only kexts I am running now are fakesmc and AppleIntel8256X. All you Smackover people with headaches should def try this out.

Test Snow leopard 10.6.4 x64

With this package drivers v1.2 DSDT

Temperature Ambient: 32º

Cpu Temp:

idle 0%: 39º

idle 100%: 58º

Benchmark:

Geekbench: 9489

CineBench: 4.86 pts

without the DSDT fix

Temperature Ambient: 32º

Cpu Temp:

idle 0%: 52º

idle 100%: 72º

Benchmark:

Geekbench: 5150

CineBench: 2.83 pts

Windows 7 x64

Benchmark:

Cinebench: 4.82pts

see the screenshots...

Conclusion: the DSDT is not working correctly the temperature increases and the CPU

performance is lower because of the Nullcpupowermanagement.kext, with the fixes of this

installer you are not going to use the nullcpu anymore, and you will have the correct

performance, the temperatures at the normal levels, and with a performance even better than

if you use Windows 7 x64. enjoy it!!

post-455718-1285358652_thumb.jpg

post-455718-1285358660_thumb.jpg

post-455718-1285358669_thumb.jpg

post-455718-1285358677_thumb.png

post-455718-1285358938_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing this with us! It runs perfectly on my system! I've been struggling with getting this motherboard to function properly and it is all working now!

THANKYOU!

already fixed the audio issue, my apologies.

download the installer version 1.2.1

Okay, i'm asking again since i didn't received any response on the second post i wrote on kexts.com about this:

Frist post was:

"* Added HDEF Audio into DSDT (No required more HDAEnabler.kext) - tested this and it doesn't work for me; can someone confirm that is actually working like this for the audio, thx; i installed the Legacy889HDA.kext, AppleHDA.kext binary patched 10.6.5, dsdt.aml file, all from the installer"

Response:

"User_01 already fixed the audio issue, my apologies.

download the installer version 1.2.1

http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=534"

Second post was:

"* Added HDEF Audio into DSDT (No required more HDAEnabler.kext) - tested this and it doesn't work for me; can someone confirm that is actually working like this for the audio, thx; i installed the Legacy889HDA.kext, AppleHDA.kext binary patched 10.6.5, dsdt.aml file, all from the installer - this combo still not working

- files from my pack - AppleHDA.kext bin patched(10.6.5-10H542-)+LegacyHDA.kext+HDAEnabler.kext = works"

Response:

None

So, is this combo (Legacy889HDA.kext, AppleHDA.kext binary patched 10.6.5, dsdt.aml file, all from the installer) working?

Thx

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, having the hardest time upgrading to 10.6.4.

I have a dx58so. I can get 10.6.0 running easily, i haven't gotten my graphics working w/ proper res yet, because i wanted to get to 10.6.4 before messing w/ it.

But using the 1.21 updater, along w/ the right v. of chameleon, and the 10.6.4 combo update, causes a kernel panic for me immediately after the chameleon prompt.. and i cant start in safe mode, it just hangs at the gray screen (with no apple or anything)

Here is the order of events i used this last go around:

1. installed SL 10.6 (using S/L/E)

2. installed chameleon rc2 v516

3. installed combo updater 10.6.4

4. installed dx58so driver update v1.21

5. reboot

Upon reboot, i get the new chameleon prompt, but then when trying to boot into my SL drive, i get a kernel panic immediately saying there is a "CPU Kernel Mismatch"

If anyone can help me out w/ this I would be very appreciative. I have gone back to the 10.6.0 fresh install quite a few times now, and can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,

-O

dx58so

i7 3.2ghx

6gb of ram (only 4 installed ATM)

geforce GT240 DDR3 1GB (1 display hooked up at of DVI port)

300gb 10k raptor HD

(I am getting nearly 11,000 in 64-bit Geekbench in 10.6.0, even w/0 the proper graphics kext installed)

Oraton, Try these steps:

Update you bios (http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3018&DwnldID=19329&keyword=%22dx58so%22&lang=eng)

Settings for the bios:

Reset all to default (Very Important)

activate only the AHCI mode (hard drive)

save your setting and restart

check if your system is not overclocked (very important)

boot the Snow leopard (10.6.3 retail) with chameleon 2.0 rc5 (any build)

make you sure to include in the boot, the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, because that even you don't have built the appropriate DSDT for your system.

install only necessary files.

when finish the installer please restart.

when you see the snow leopard first run in your system, use this steps:

Install the combo updater 10.6.4, not install the chameleon yet, restart you system.

Now, install the Snow Leopard Graphics Update 1.0 and restart one more time.

install the chameleon 2.0 rc5 (r611) and DX58so installer 1.2.1, please restart again, try to boot the SL in the already installed chameleon in you system.

if you have problem with the error (CPU Kernel Mismatch), try this step before the installer dx58so 1.2.1 :

generate the DSDT and you send me this file. (to verify and build the appropriate DSDT for your system.)

what version is your CPU? 965?

Oraton, Try these steps:

Update you bios (http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3018&DwnldID=19329&keyword=%22dx58so%22&lang=eng)

Settings for the bios:

Reset all to default (Very Important)

activate only the AHCI mode (hard drive)

save your setting and restart

check if your system is not overclocked (very important)

boot the Snow leopard (10.6.3 retail) with chameleon 2.0 rc5 (any build)

make you sure to include in the boot, the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, because that even you don't have built the appropriate DSDT for your system.

install only necessary files.

when finish the installer please restart.

when you see the snow leopard first run in your system, use this steps:

Install the combo updater 10.6.4, not install the chameleon yet, restart you system.

Now, install the Snow Leopard Graphics Update 1.0 and restart one more time.

install the chameleon 2.0 rc5 (r611) and DX58so installer 1.2.1, please restart again, try to boot the SL in the already installed chameleon in you system.

if you have problem with the error (CPU Kernel Mismatch), try this step before the installer dx58so 1.2.1 :

generate the DSDT and you send me this file. (to verify and build the appropriate DSDT for your system.)

what version is your CPU? 965?

yeah it is the 965, i can update the bios, thanks for the link. Your steps all make sense, but i don't have the 10.6.3 install disc, i only have the 10.6 retail disc. I have been able to install that, and have 5-10 times now, but updating from 10.6 to 10.64 has broken my system, even attempting in -x.

After the bios update, how can i make this upgrade possible?

thanks for the advice-

O

ok, this update you can make in windows with the archive executable. (EXE) when provide in the web intel download center, please carefully.

Make sure the file is the your motherboard, otherwise it could damage your motherboard.

"After the 10.6.4 update shows the error immediately after restart or only when you install the package DX58SO installer?

EDIT: I'm not sure but I think it is due to the DSDT implemented in the installer. maybe your architecture is different but I see it impossible, intel only released a unique version of dx58so motherboard.

What cd-boot did you use to install the snow os x?

Then after the install, boot again with the cd-boot the partition with snow this time

- install booter

- copy the Extra folder to root partition (where mac is installed)

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry my mistake, wrong order)

- install the kexts from S/L/E folder (ONLY the lan kext, at this point) with Kext Utility (drag it over the KU icon)

- reboot w/out cd-boot

- update to 10.6.4 and all the updates after 10.6.4, reboot etc

- after all the updates>

- go to S/L/E and remove AppleHDA.kext (move it to trash)

- INSTALL the audio kext from S/L/E folder

- reboot

- use the DSDT GUI patcher to generate the dsdt.aml file (choose only apply to, Darwin), it will be on root; copy it to Extra folder and remove that one from root

- remove the Null... .kext and OpenHalt... .kext from E/E

- reboot

Before you start, save the files from link to an usb stick or a cd

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HFGTH0AF

If it all works well you can further edit the dsdt file to not need the IOAHCIBlock... .kext for orange icons

Hey =)

I tried your pack right after updating to 10.6.4. Something went wrong with the AppleHDA from your package, it dumped an exception loop (boot time) for a while then the gui loaded but everything was locked up. Using voodoohda and patching the dsdt from the original one did the job.

Then after the install, boot again with the cd-boot the partition with snow this time

- install booter

- install the kexts from S/L/E folder with Kext Utility (drag them over the KU icon)

- reboot w/out cd-boot

- update to 10.6.4

- reboot

- use the DSDT GUI patcher to generate the dsdt.aml file (choose only apply to, Darwin), it will be on root; copy it to Extra folder and remove that one from root

- reboot

If it all works well you can further edit the dsdt file to not need the IOAHCIBlock... .kext for orange icons

Thanks for this rundown. I didn't install snow w/ a boot cd, i installed it from a separate partition w/ leopard on it.

Should i still follow these instructions, except instead of booting from the boot cd, i could boot from chameleon rc2, then once in snow, install the new chameleon, and proceed with your instructions?

Also, do you agree w/ raul's advice for me to update my bios?

thanks again,

O

Hey =)

I tried your pack right after updating to 10.6.4. Something went wrong with the AppleHDA from your package, it dumped an exception loop (boot time) for a while then the gui loaded but everything was locked up. Using voodoohda and patching the dsdt from the original one did the job.

What pack are you talking about? If it's my pack, i don't think that's possible since i've tested and retested the combo and the method. If you're talking about the pack with the installer, that this thread is referring to, i got the same result as you've described.

Thanks for this rundown. I didn't install snow w/ a boot cd, i installed it from a separate partition w/ leopard on it.

Should i still follow these instructions, except instead of booting from the boot cd, i could boot from chameleon rc2, then once in snow, install the new chameleon, and proceed with your instructions?

Also, do you agree w/ raul's advice for me to update my bios?

thanks again,

O

Updating the bios to the latest 5456, it's a good idea.

And yes, you can adapt my instructions to your installation method, but please read them again. If you install the bin patched audio kext and then do the update, it'll be replaced and it won't work anyway.

- install booter

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry my mistake, wrong order)

- install the kexts from S/L/E folder (ONLY the lan kext, at this point) with Kext Utility (drag it over the KU icon)

- reboot w/out cd-boot

- update to 10.6.4 and all the updates after 10.6.4, reboot etc

- after all the updates>

- INSTALL the audio kext from S/L/E folder

- reboot

- reboot

Well God Damn.

All i had to do was update my bios. Once i updated to the latest bios, I tried to boot my already (previously broken) 10.6.4 and to my suprise it booted up flawlessly. Full Resolution Options for my GT240 1gb (efga) - and all looks perfect. So damn relieved. Thanks for the tip on the bios, never would have guessed that was my issue.

Putting the side-door back on this f'ing funny neon laced case, cleaning up my workstation, and migration assistant is cranking right now. :)

Many Thanks,

O

Well God Damn.

All i had to do was update my bios. Once i updated to the latest bios, I tried to boot my already (previously broken) 10.6.4 and to my suprise it booted up flawlessly. Full Resolution Options for my GT240 1gb (efga) - and all looks perfect. So damn relieved. Thanks for the tip on the bios, never would have guessed that was my issue.

Putting the side-door back on this f'ing funny neon laced case, cleaning up my workstation, and migration assistant is cranking right now. :)

Many Thanks,

O

I have 2 questions on what i still need to do:

1. QE isn't on at the moment, should i just use osxTools to enable it?

2. I originally had the RADEON 4870x2 crossfire in my system, but couldn't get that to work (on 10.6.0) after many tries I replaced it w/ a $80 nvidia Geforce GT240 1gb.

Does anyone have any idea if the 4870x2 is possible with 10.6.4, and if so, what steps i would take to make it work?

If not, does anyone want to buy one? :unsure:

-O

-

What makes you say you don't have qe/ci? If your Front Row or DVD Player from Applications launches correctly then, you already have qe/ci. Don't use OSx86Tools! Use Graphics Enabler "Yes" from chameleon. Look at the com.apple.Boot.plist file in the pack and use the key/string for enable it. But i bet you already have that in the file located in Extra. If not edit it with TextEdit.

For the video card try netkas's blog/forum.

What makes you say you don't have qe/ci? If your Front Row or DVD Player from Applications launches correctly then, you already have qe/ci. Don't use OSx86Tools! Use Graphics Enabler "Yes" from chameleon. Look at the com.apple.Boot.plist file in the pack and use the key/string for enable it. But i bet you already have that in the file located in Extra. If not edit it with TextEdit.

For the video card try netkas's blog/forum.

you are correct, QE was working properly. I originally just launched dashboard, expecting to see the ripples, forgot you have to add a widget to see those.

im not worried about 4870x2. just happy this thing is working properly. Migration assistant just finished, so about to restart and fingers crossed my apps work :D

This thing is pretty fast.

Geek bench - ~ 11356

Cinebench - ~5.50

Let me know what you guys think about the scores, or how they compare to what you are seeing.

thanks again to all, will report back on if migration assistant was a success.

you are correct, QE was working properly. I originally just launched dashboard, expecting to see the ripples, forgot you have to add a widget to see those.

im not worried about 4870x2. just happy this thing is working properly. Migration assistant just finished, so about to restart and fingers crossed my apps work ;)

This thing is pretty fast.

Geek bench - ~ 11356

Cinebench - ~5.50

Let me know what you guys think about the scores, or how they compare to what you are seeing.

thanks again to all, will report back on if migration assistant was a success.

ALL working perfectly. all fcp apps, adobe apps, ae, lovely.

Curious to hear anyone's benchmarks.

Also curious to hear if anyone has overclocked for osx and how that went.

cheers,