Post Installation Troubles (retail with boot132)

thexperiment

8 posts in this topic

Current Problems [Audio, PS2 Keyboard, Graphics Card, Sleep and Shutdown]

see below for details

[Hardware]

CPU=Intel q9300

GPU=9800gt 512mb (reference board. there is no manufacture just nvidia)

Motherboard=Intel G33M05G1 (Foxcon OEM {censored})

RAM=2x2GB Sticks 667mhz (more OEM {censored})

Hard Drive=2TB Hitachi Deskstar (SATA 32mb cache 7200rpm)

Optical Drive is just some SATA DVD Burner

Monitor=24" 1920x1200

[install Method]

Im having quite a few problems after retail dvd install while using NforceBoot132DvD from this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184224

(I already had the Dvd from a 680i hackintosh and somewhat followed the same guide)

This was a particularly difficult install but eventually I managed to have SL updated and running. However I did have to partition my drive into 3 666GB partitions due to a BOOT:0 Error. I have since deleted and expanded my main partition to the full 2TB.

Im currently using Chameleon RC5 but did install RC4 first.

Kexts im currently running in Extra/Extensions

AppleAirportBrcm311 (Wifi works =D)

ElliotForceLegacyRTC (had CMOS reset every boot. attempted DSDT fix either I didn't do it right or it didn't work)

FakeSmc 2.5 (during a -v boot it says this number is off by -6 or something like that but it seems to work)

Natit

NullCpuPowerManagement

OpenHaltRestart

VoodooHDA

[Graphics]

For Some unknown reason I can not get my card recognized.

I've Tried EFI Strings (8800gt 512mb using EFI Studio)

NVenabler 64 and Natit (at different times of course from kexts.com)

GraphicsEnabler=Yes in boot.plist (tried both Library>Preferences>SystemConfig This created the most trouble no display after what appeared to be a normal boot in verbose. I also put a boot.plist in Extra/Extensions this did nothing but at least I had a display on screen. The other methods all boot fine but dont work and have extremely low resolution.

[sound]

Havent attempted much with it, only VoodooHDA and it's not working.

[PS2 Keyboard]

VoodooPS2 Controller no luck either. I would like to use USB mouse and PS2 keyboard.

[sleep and Shutdown]

Havent tried Sleep. When the machine shuts down it reboots. Using OpenHaltRestart

At this point I don't know what else to do so I need some help.

sorry for the long post, but I know you need the details

Current Problems [Audio, PS2 Keyboard, Graphics Card, Sleep and Shutdown]

see below for details

[Hardware]

CPU=Intel q9300

GPU=9800gt 512mb (reference board. there is no manufacture just nvidia)

Motherboard=Intel G33M05G1 (Foxcon OEM {censored})

RAM=2x2GB Sticks 667mhz (more OEM {censored})

Hard Drive=2TB Hitachi Deskstar (SATA 32mb cache 7200rpm)

Optical Drive is just some SATA DVD Burner

Monitor=24" 1920x1200

[install Method]

Im having quite a few problems after retail dvd install while using NforceBoot132DvD from this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184224

(I already had the Dvd from a 680i hackintosh and somewhat followed the same guide)

This was a particularly difficult install but eventually I managed to have SL updated and running. However I did have to partition my drive into 3 666GB partitions due to a BOOT:0 Error. I have since deleted and expanded my main partition to the full 2TB.

Im currently using Chameleon RC5 but did install RC4 first.

Kexts im currently running in Extra/Extensions

AppleAirportBrcm311 (Wifi works =D)

ElliotForceLegacyRTC (had CMOS reset every boot. attempted DSDT fix either I didn't do it right or it didn't work)

FakeSmc 2.5 (during a -v boot it says this number is off by -6 or something like that but it seems to work)

Natit

NullCpuPowerManagement

OpenHaltRestart

VoodooHDA

[Graphics]

For Some unknown reason I can not get my card recognized.

I've Tried EFI Strings (8800gt 512mb using EFI Studio)

NVenabler 64 and Natit (at different times of course from kexts.com)

GraphicsEnabler=Yes in boot.plist (tried both Library>Preferences>SystemConfig This created the most trouble no display after what appeared to be a normal boot in verbose. I also put a boot.plist in Extra/Extensions this did nothing but at least I had a display on screen. The other methods all boot fine but dont work and have extremely low resolution.

Try the graphics string here from aqua-mac

[sound]

Havent attempted much with it, only VoodooHDA and it's not working.

Did you install both the VoodooHDA kext and the PrefPane plugin? Both should be installed......check your audio device ID using lspci.......is it 0x088810ec, i.e. a Realtek ALC888 series chipset?

[PS2 Keyboard]

VoodooPS2 Controller no luck either. I would like to use USB mouse and PS2 keyboard.

PS/2 keyboard and USB mouse combo is probably the issue...........either use PS/2 keyboard and PS/2 mouse OR USB keyboard and USB mouse..........NOT a mix..........

[sleep and Shutdown]

Havent tried Sleep. When the machine shuts down it reboots. Using OpenHaltRestart

Try EvOReboot

At this point I don't know what else to do so I need some help.

sorry for the long post, but I know you need the details

I use a PS/2 keyboard and USB mouse. It works perfectly with the VoodooPS2Controller. Even the volume buttons work.

If I use the Apple legacy keyboard option in the installer, the keyboard doesn't work. Once I'm in the GUI I unplug it then plug it back in, then it works.

The distro is iAtkos S3 v2 (10.6.3). Motherboard is a GA-EP45-DS3R

I also tried selecting no PS/2 keyboard options in the installer, hoping the vanilla Apple one works but it can't find my keyboard at all, even after I unplug and re-plug.

Thanks for the suggestions Verdant.

I followed the guide from aqua mac unfortunately it gave me the same problem as the strings from efi studio.

Which is everything starts up but instead of loading the desktop the monitor looses signal. It's quite odd because using Hazard's SnowLeo I've had this setup work before. I'm just trying for a retail vanilla install.

Also I tried EvoReboot but it does the same thing as openhaltrestart.

Ohh and as far as the ps2 keyboard and USB mouse combo. It works during the first and 2nd boot of the install when I'm booting off nForceBoot 132 DVD then loading into my HDD.

Thanks for the suggestions Verdant.

I followed the guide from aqua mac unfortunately it gave me the same problem as the strings from efi studio.

Which is everything starts up but instead of loading the desktop the monitor looses signal. It's quite odd because using Hazard's SnowLeo I've had this setup work before. I'm just trying for a retail vanilla install.

Also I tried EvoReboot but it does the same thing as openhaltrestart.

Ohh and as far as the ps2 keyboard and USB mouse combo. It works during the first and 2nd boot of the install when I'm booting off nForceBoot 132 DVD then loading into my HDD.

Try swapping your display connector to the other port on your graphics card.........

[update] I just bought an evga 750i SLI for 30 bucks hopefully this board will fix all my issues. :afro:

Let us hope so....... ;)