Iatkos success!

LazyLathe

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that i have successfully(almost) installed Snow Leopard on my Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard. Atheros wired network worked perfectly, just need to look into getting the sound working.

Audio is VIA VT 1708B, looking for kext today.

Did not get a chance to check the display adapter, Nvidia Quadro FX 1700. Will also look for ways to get this to work, if possible.

Install was to an external 500GB hard drive. It is a mini drive so speed is not the best and the install took about an hour. Speed on the pc was phenomenal compared to my 1.9Ghz IMac G5!

So far i have the E8400 OC'd to 3.01 Ghz and 1600 FSB.

If anyone knows of workarounds for my issues help would be greatly appreciated. I will post results of my findings here, if any!

This was a dry run on my old computer before i go ahead and build my Hackintosh.

Andrew

Interesting that you installed onto an external hard drive and it worked no problems out of the box. Unheard of with windows. Was it a USB HD?

I hope you're not doing your installs / troubleshooting with the CPU overclocked. I'd hate for you to waste your time (and maybe the forum's) due to some glitch from overclocking.

I have this motherboard, don't know if I'll hackintosh it, but interested to see how far you go.