I need help with my wireless..badly.

DQEight

1 post in this topic

Ive been looking for a fix to get leopard to recognize my wireless card and use it for over a month now..Ive tried editing my kexts, using the broadcom enabler, and even replacing them completely as suggested in other posts..

They all usually end up the same way after a reboot, either nothing is changed or i get a kernel panic mid reboot.

What i have noticed is that in OSx86 tools, i can see the wireless card, and before installation I can see it in hardware info.. but once the OS is actually installed, its like its invisible unless viewed by a program. Nothing appears in system profiler and theres no airport symbol.

Ive managed to download a few apps and stuff and transfer over usb and all that really needs fixing is my wireless..its driving me crazy. I think my broadcom is minipci e.. Im running 10.5.8 at the moment.

So from the bottom of my heart can someone help me? or is this just wishful thinking that ill ever get this working..? ;)

[Alienware m5500i-R3(M5550)] with bcm4311