ATI Radeon HD6000, HD5000 and HD4000 series support in Chameleon

Kabyl

868 posts in this topic

I'm going to need the subsystem ids from all those with a working card (even if the they needed to add the device id to an Info.plist); run this command in a Terminal window and post the output:

sudo lspci -nnvd 0x1002: | grep -B2 Subsystem

This is going to help in using the best FB config for each specific card; because there are different cards in the same model and each have unique subsystem ids.

Thanks

I am a true beginner I know I should be not here, but just want to help fix my video :P ; anyway I tried

to copy and past that in terminal and i end up with: sudo: lspci: command not found. :)

install this

http://osx86.sojugarden.com/files/myHack_l....0.mpkg.tar.bz2

restart

type command again

Thanks a lot here s mine:

03:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:6898] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

Subsystem: PC Partner Limited Unknown device [174b:e140]

--

03:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:aa50]

Subsystem: PC Partner Limited Unknown device [174b:aa50]

Sapphire 5870 http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/p...101&pid=337

Uncle Sam

Thanks a lot here s mine:

03:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:6898] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

--

03:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:aa50]

Sapphire 5870 http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/p...101&pid=337

Uncle Sam

I guess Uakari worked best for your card?

Card added to the list.

Thanks.

I guess Uakari worked best for your card?

Card added to the list.

Thanks.

I really don't know I did not select Uakari anywhere I am using the default that come with your bootloader I guess; and seems ok except sleep that does not seem to work. Should I be using something else?

I have the same card of @ddi:

02:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:6898] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
--

02:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:aa50]

And, yes, I tried a lot of framebuffers (Uakari, Vervet, Baboon, Eulemur, Galago, Hoolok, Langor, and some more that I don't remember) and Uakari is the only one that works for me, although is not perfect.

If you need more info, tell me, and I help you as good as I can.

Cheers.

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Juniper [Radeon HD 5700 Series] [1002:68b8] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Subsystem: PC Partner Limited Unknown device [174b:1482]
--

01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc Juniper HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 5700 Series] [1002:aa58]
Subsystem: PC Partner Limited Unknown device [174b:aa58]

Sapphire 5770:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:68b8] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Subsystem: PC Partner Limited Unknown device [174b:e147]
--

01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:aa58]

Looking at mine and the others posted, strange how the model name is unknown for some.

Here's mine for my HIS 5850. Using Uakari I haven't used the AtiFb flag and this is the card link

lspci -nnvd 0x1002: | grep -B2 Subsystem
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:6899] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
   Subsystem: Hightech Information System Ltd. Unknown device [1787:200a]
--

01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:aa50]
   Subsystem: Hightech Information System Ltd. Unknown device [1787:aa50]

ATI Radeon 5670

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:68d8] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device [1458:21d9]
--

01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:aa60]
Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device [1458:aa60]

Sapphire HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 w/2GB GDDR5

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:6898] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:0b00]

--

Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:aa50]

First off, let me start by saying I am not nuts. What I have come up with is happy accidents and dumb luck. I hope being an expert you can glean some usefulness of this as I don't understand how I got it all working, but its working brilliantly w/ Uakari only:

This card has 6xMiniDP ports on it to support the 6 screen eyefinity feature. Basically, the card allows the right most signal to take priority and act as screen one. If I plug up a monitor into the right most port, I can use DVI, DL-DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort. The cables that are capable can carry full 2560x1440@60hz to my 27" screen and its gorgeous.

If I plug an input into the second mini display port, the main display on slot 1 dies and nothing is displayed on slot 2. If I remove slot 1, slot 2 becomes the primary monitor and displays a picture.

If I plug an input into the third mini display port, it becomes my second monitor and slot one becomes active again, so long as the input in slot 2 is not removed. Yes, for slot 3 to be my second monitor, I have to have a cable plugged into slot 2. Just plugging in the MiniDP dongle will not work, it has to be an HDMI, DVI, Etc. cable. This cable does not however have to terminate to a monitor, it just has to be present.

If I plug an input into the 4th - 6th ports, nothing happens.

So:

To get 1x 27" monitor @ 2560x1440 and a second, 22" Acer @ 1920x1080 to work, I have to do the following.

Slot 1- 27" via DisplayPort

Slot 2- any cable to nothing

Slot 3- 22" acer via HDMI, DVI, etc.

Thanks so much for your contribution I hope my data is of assistance to you and its not too much trouble to decipher. Please PM if I can provide more.

Thanks!

Sapp_5870_Eyefinity_2GB_GDDR5.zip

Sounds great Brisc0!

I'm trying your method although I have a different card. I find funny results.

The most successful FB for me was Baboon.

Although, using Uakari -

Plug all cables in (3 slots)

1 VGA, 1 DVI (with dongle to VGA) and HDMI.

HDMI, has always failed me so far.

I plug in the VGA and the DVI2VGA.

I get blanks.

I find that - the one with the VGA is always the main display, HOWEVER, the name comes up as the other monitor. So, I plug in my SyncMaster and my ImageQuest. The DVI2VGA leads to the ImageQuest - the SyncMaster in VGA slot. The SyncMaster comes up with the display but in the System Preferences, it displays it as my ImageQuest.

Vice Versa,

I plug my ImageQuest into the VGA slot, and SyncMaster into the DVI2VGA. This time, the ImageQuest comes up, but the name is "SyncMaster"!

WHAT THE HECK?

1 display doesn't work either.

I posted up my successful results before, just adding some other information that may be needed. :/

So yeah, that's my discovery. Still testing out everything.

Hello and thank you for your hardwork

An other dump from Sapphire radeon HD 5770 :

Both DVI ports works as expected and

HDMI also (I had to get rid of Cartri Bios and went back to the "DSDT Fashion" so as to get HDMI audio aka HDAU according to Tmongkol's method--- adding some lines under gfx) Thanks to him also.

1 Here it's what the shell gave me with your command :

Fred-Ts-Mac-Pro:~ fredt$ sudo lspci -nnvd 0x1002: | grep -B2 Subsystem
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:68b8] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
 Subsystem: PC Partner Limited Unknown device [174b:1482]
--

01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:aa58]

2 and the ioreg dump

Thank you again, you and all the people who makes it possible

fred

Sapphire_Radeon_HD_5770.zip

Sapphire HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 w/2GB GDDR5

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:6898] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

--

First off, let me start by saying I am not nuts. What I have come up with is happy accidents and dumb luck. I hope being an expert you can glean some usefulness of this as I don't understand how I got it all working, but its working brilliantly w/ Uakari only:

This card has 6xMiniDP ports on it to support the 6 screen eyefinity feature. Basically, the card allows the right most signal to take priority and act as screen one. If I plug up a monitor into the right most port, I can use DVI, DL-DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort. The cables that are capable can carry full 2560x1440@60hz to my 27" screen and its gorgeous.

If I plug an input into the second mini display port, the main display on slot 1 dies and nothing is displayed on slot 2. If I remove slot 1, slot 2 becomes the primary monitor and displays a picture.

If I plug an input into the third mini display port, it becomes my second monitor and slot one becomes active again, so long as the input in slot 2 is not removed. Yes, for slot 3 to be my second monitor, I have to have a cable plugged into slot 2. Just plugging in the MiniDP dongle will not work, it has to be an HDMI, DVI, Etc. cable. This cable does not however have to terminate to a monitor, it just has to be present.

If I plug an input into the 4th - 6th ports, nothing happens.

So:

To get 1x 27" monitor @ 2560x1440 and a second, 22" Acer @ 1920x1080 to work, I have to do the following.

Slot 1- 27" via DisplayPort

Slot 2- any cable to nothing

Slot 3- 22" acer via HDMI, DVI, etc.

Thanks so much for your contribution I hope my data is of assistance to you and its not too much trouble to decipher. Please PM if I can provide more.

Thanks!

I'll be uploading a new booter, and should make Eyefinity 6 cards work better.

I'll be uploading a new booter, and should make Eyefinity 6 cards work better.

Hi,

the same card as mine.

In system profiler, just three video ports are detected, and Vram is : 4294965248 MB ; huge, isn't it ?;-)

Hi,

the same card as mine.

In system profiler, just three video ports are detected, and Vram is : 4294965248 MB ; huge, isn't it ?;-)

With LSPCI, I got :

08:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:6898] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

--

08:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:aa50]

I'm going to need the subsystem ids from all those with a working card (even if the they needed to add the device id to an Info.plist); run this command in a Terminal window and post the output:

sudo lspci -nnvd 0x1002: | grep -B2 Subsystem

This is going to help in using the best FB config for each specific card; because there are different cards in the same model and each have unique subsystem ids.

Thanks

Gigabye GV-R577UD-1GD

http://www.giga-byte.co.uk/products/produc...e.aspx?pid=3283

Vervet frame buffer - DVI>VGA dongle used - 1 screen

03:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:68b8] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
   Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device [1458:21d7]
--

03:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:aa58]
   Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device [1458:aa58]

ATI Radeon HD 5770:

Chipset Model:    ATI Radeon HD 5770
 Type:    GPU
 Bus:    PCIe
 PCIe Lane Width:    x16
 VRAM (Total):    1024 MB
 Vendor:    ATI (0x1002)
 Device ID:    0x68b8
 Revision ID:    0x0000
 Displays:
DELL E248WFP:
 Resolution:    1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
 Pixel Depth:    32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
 Main Display:    Yes
 Mirror:    Off
 Online:    Yes
 Rotation:    Supported

Thanks a lot Brisc0, i also have an Eyefinity6 with 2GB vram and have been trying to get my two screens with full resolution for weeks (30" dell 2560x1600 via displayport, 24" HP ZR24W 1200x1920 via dvi)

I found one difference though, using the bundles HDMI Adapter on Slot 2 didn't do the trick, i had to use an active DVI (single link) on Port 2, now everything is working fine, thanks!

Hi Kabyl,

Thanks for your great work.

Here are the Sapphire ATI PCX HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 HDMI/2xDVI/DP with Uakari.

02:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress) [1002:6898] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

--

02:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc Cypress HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 5800 Series] [1002:aa50]

Any my ioreg file:

kn6600___s_Mac_Pro.zip

[*]Post the output from: sudo lspci -nnvd 0x1002: | grep -B2 Subsystem.

Addendum to my Orig Post

02:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:6899] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device [1458:21e4]
--

02:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:aa50]
Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device [1458:aa50]

Thanks for your work on this.

Tried out your boot file Kabyl and so far it gives me the same working solution I had before which is one DVI port working.(VGA and HDMI still gives no signal)

Using a Sapphire 4850 (hdmi-vga-hdmi) card I just took a screenshot of the terminal lspci and the sys prof

SystemProfilerScreenSnapz002.png

Screenshot2010-10-11at112019AM.png

Dunno why the sys prof shows the card as a 4830 might just be a cosmetic issue but lspci shows it as the 4850 it is.

So far I've tried out the Motmot FB which only gives me a dvi connection but I'm gonna roll through the list of Fb's and see if I get anything different with them.

If anything I might just make the jump into the 5xxx series for the sake of having more than one monitor connected because your boot file is like God on hot cakes for the 5xxx cards.

Thanks again

Fb list

Flicker-only DVI works

Motmotwhen AtiFb=Motmot used at boot prompt the boot hangs between the dsdt loading the audio (funny since the default Fb used is motmot..)

Quailsame as Motmot when used at the boot prompt

Using the Gigabyte Batmobile 5770 GV-R577UD-1GD with Vervet fb. Tried a bunch of others and some worked worse, but none worked better.

Both DVI ports work fine. HDMI will only mirror the DVI port next to it. HDMI display is never recognized. Don't have Displayport monitor to test.

lspci output:

03:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Juniper [Radeon HD 5700 Series] [1002:68b8] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device [1458:21d7]

--

03:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc Juniper HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 5700 Series] [1002:aa58]

Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology Unknown device [1458:aa58]

I've attached ioreg dump.

Batmobile_Vervet.zip

Still no joy.

I seem to be one of the few still not able to get this to work. I am using ATY_Init successfully though.

As you can see the card ID is already known to be in the system kexts (6898)

Results with a fresh install on an external drive; KP when loading the x3000 kext. Same results with XFX Rom, Netkas Rom (XFX5870-1.rom) and variations trying Kabyl, Trauma and Mohamed's boot loaders.

I've even tried this while removing my DSDT, in case of IRQ conflicts (I had customized it because the HPET fix was causing an IRQ conflict with a particular PCI card.) No luck.

Posted a screen shot of output when flashing back to the XFX Rom from Netkas' (for comparison) and the kp (which is always the same with the exception of which processor it throws on)

I've also posted the ioreg dump, the lspci output and the system profiler screen shot though this is when using ATY-Init (the card works perfectly with ATY-Init.)

I hope this info may be helpful.

XFX5870_info.zip

Still no joy.

I seem to be one of the few still not able to get this to work. I am using ATY_Init successfully though.

As you can see the card ID is already known to be in the system kexts (6898)

Results with a fresh install on an external drive; KP when loading the x3000 kext. Same results with XFX Rom, Netkas Rom (XFX5870-1.rom) and variations trying Kabyl, Trauma and Mohamed's boot loaders.

I've even tried this while removing my DSDT, in case of IRQ conflicts (I had customized it because the HPET fix was causing an IRQ conflict with a particular PCI card.) No luck.

Posted a screen shot of output when flashing back to the XFX Rom from Netkas' (for comparison) and the kp (which is always the same with the exception of which processor it throws on)

I've also posted the ioreg dump, the lspci output and the system profiler screen shot though this is when using ATY-Init (the card works perfectly with ATY-Init.)

I hope this info may be helpful.

XFX5870_info.zip

We're at the same boat.

I got stuck exactly where J Lamp had.