First I would like to outline a few things:
- This isn't a HOW TO get your card working, this is a request for testing.
- Don't ask how to install the booter, how to use or add a given booter flag or how to run an update, if you don't know how to do that yourself, then this isn't for you, yet, learn that elsewhere, and you're more than welcome here.
- I don't take responsibility for any damage this may cause, so take your precautions before you use this.
- An ATI Radeon HD6xxx, HD5xxx or HD4xxx card.
- Latest Snow Leopard with the latest Graphics update.
How and what to report:
- Disable any kind of enabler, injector or device-properties you're currently using.
- Test every port, and any possible combination; test each port alone, then two ports, then three.. etc, to the best you're capable of.
- Post the output from: sudo lspci -nnvd 0x1002: | grep -B2 Subsystem.
- Save an ioreg dump (Save from the File menu of IORegistryExplorer) each time you try a different port and/or combination.
- Report any observations or comments.
- Include a screenshot of the Graphics tab from System Profiler when reporting.
Multi-Display on Evergreen (Radeon HD5000 series):
Check out this wikipedia page for more information.
This booter has a new key; "
Currently tested and working cards:
ATI Radeon HD5970 ("deviceid and disabling of the second GPU needs to be done in the driver files", thanks to Spanky Deluxe).
ATI Radeon HD5870
ATI Radeon HD5770
ATI Radeon HD4890
ATI Radeon HD4870
If your card isn't fully working, check bcc9's thread.
To Trauma who started adding HD5xxx support, and to FKA (FormerlyKnownAs), joe75 and tmongkol for their great feedback.
To ^Andy^ for his efforts on the HD6xxx support.
- "AtiFb" is now "AtiConfig" which I think describes better its use.
- The ROM image under /Extra should be named <vendorid>_<deviceid>_<subsysid>.rom; Radeon HD5870 Eyefinity6 is 1002_6898_0b001002.rom for example.
- New or already existing cards with the correct "AtiConfig" (thanks to your feedback).
Changes: patch commit revision 700 (09.01.2011)
- Added new card config names from the latest ATIFramebuffer.kext.
- Added few more supported cards.
- Added ROM Revision info. (untested)
- Replaced VBIOS with ATYbinimage to avoid a conflict with the NVIDIA Enabler.
- Fixed a logic mistake in getSMBOemProcessorBusSpeed().
boot.gz 193.01KB 13058 downloads
Changes: patch commit revision 785:788 (11.05.2011)
- Added support for a few HD6xxx cards (Thanks ^Andy^).
- Merged to trunk.
No binary for now.