Weird problem with my sata dvd-rom

cjhmdm

2 posts in this topic

I downloaded the latest version of iPC and burned to disk. Rebooted and started going through the install process when I ran into some probs (a few things I forgot to do). So I rebooted and am now facing a weird problem...

My DVD drive (the same one I used to burn the iso) won't recognize the disk...

What I have to do in order to get it to recognize the dvd is reboot into windows (need to change my bios settings back so I can boot into windows without bsod) and insert a normal cd (not a dvd), for instance my hp printer drivers cd. I let it detect the disk, then eject it. Then insert the osx disk, and reboot with the tray open.

At this point my drive recognizes the disk (I've tested this and I can boot from it); but I still have an issue... I need to go in and change my bios settings around in order to install osx, which reboots the system after saving the bios settings.

So now I'm sort of stuck. I've burned 3 copies of this disk at different speeds (4x, 8x, 16x), all with the same result. I'm downloading iATKOS v7 now and will give that a try later, but would still like to know what's causing this issue if possible. It is very specific to these osx86 dvds. No issues whatsoever with any other dvd.

Anyone have any ideas as to what can cause this?