Any news regarding ALC861 sound (common)device

alexpele13

2 posts in this topic

I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.4 on my Toshiba Sat. A110-293 laptop but I can't find any working kext for my Realtek ALC861 sound card.

I searched the forum and I saw that Taruga and other kext developpers created a lot of fixes and drivers but they are all old (2006-2007 and for 10.5) and some links are BROKEN [the alc861 kext link is also broken].

I would realy appreciate if someone could post a alc861 kext or any other working fixes.

Btw. I tried various versions of VoodooHDA. My ALC861 works badly with the VoodooHDA (a lot of sound crackles) and Azalia kext is not working at all.

Thx in advance, Alex.

So. I kept searching and trying. No improvements.

I edited the AppleAzaliaAudio's Info.plist with my ALC861 device ID and one more plugin inside azalia and I got sound (before that I didn't have at all). But it's crancky again, crackles. bzzs.

DOES anybody know how to get rid of the crackle sound? Please? I'm desperate!

Thx.