Installing SnowLeo on AMD Phenom One... FEELS IMPOSSIBLE!

TyroSe7en

4 posts in this topic

Hello OSx86 tribe!

{Oh I'm tryiing to install Snow Lepoard 10.6.3 on to my AMD system that is running Windows 7. Just thought I'd make that clear to anyone not wanting to read much}

I've been smashing my head against the wall for the last couple of days trying to get this to work and I feel that I have totally failed and am without any leads.

This is my situation:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I'm a student living under a tight budget who needs to start using mac for post-secondary schooling (its all hands on work for the next couple of years and I'm expected to keep up with the homework) As well as I can't go out and buy a mac any time soon, and I'll be using Final Cut Pro 7 (mac only), not the Adobe stuff.

2. All I have is a windows computer and friends how have... MOAR WINDOWS COMPS (so no just do these three steps on your $1k USD MacBook)

3. I've bought a legit copy of OSX Snow Lepoard (I was blown away by the fact that it was ONLY 34 BUCKS ZOMG! WINDOWS NOT OM NOM NOMING MY WALLET NAOW)

4. I have two blank hard drives in my comp since I drooped all of their contents onto a 1TB external HD

5. I'm outta CD-Rs and DVDs from all the different bootloaders and things I've tried attempting to install mac, so if possible I'd like to use my 8 gig flash drive to boot (I've tried TransMac to make it bootable from some Empire EFI ISOs but it didn't work)

6. Apparently my mobo is okay, it's something else in my system (ASUS M4N82 Deluxe)

7. My internet connection is rather slow since I'm living in a residence and have to share with a number of other people playing WoW like I usually do

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone out there can help I would REALLY REALLY appreciate that =)

• 2 weeks later...
Its possible installing snow leopard . I'm using AMD phenom 9550 on asus motherboard and i'm running 10.6.4

I'm trying to install Snow Leo on a PC with that processor, how did you get yours going? Mine restarts the PC instantly after it starts to read the disc, doesn't even get to a point where it could panic.